Search found 84 matches

by joseph
Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:51 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Dealyed Speech
Replies: 8
Views: 1249

Re: Dealyed Speech

<t>The things I listed above do affect my son. I think it's C-4 that can have an affect on the diaphram. My son has a hard time with volume of his voice and saying a sentence with more than four words. He has to stop and take a deep breath. He has week truck as well which does affect the strength in...
by joseph
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:24 pm
Topic: Dealyed Speech
Replies: 8
Views: 1249

Re: Dealyed Speech

Have you had his diaphram function tested? Is he getting speach therapy? It could also be weak trunk strength. This all affects speech.
by joseph
Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:45 pm
Topic: Talking to parents of newborn with OBPI
Replies: 5
Views: 1934

Re: Talking to parents of newborn with OBPI

<t>I often thought about going to the local hospital and asking if there was any way I could be freelance and talk with new parents whose children have been injured. I thought about what I would say to not overwhelm them but to also get the point across that the injury could potentially be life chan...
by joseph
Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:02 pm
Topic: Any mother's with continuing physical pain?
Replies: 9
Views: 1761

Re: Any mother's with continuing physical pain?

<t>Yes! I had a severe symphasis seperation that started while I was carrying my 11 lb baby and stayed because of the birth. A 2 inch seperation to be exact. The most horrific, excrutiating pain ever. I still hurt on occation 2 yrs 11 months later. And I have substantial weekness in my leg on my lef...
by joseph
Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:24 pm
Topic: Any mother's with continuing physical pain?
Replies: 9
Views: 1761

Re: Any mother's with continuing physical pain?

any MOTHER's with pain? Do you mean a BP injury or an injury during delivery to the delivering mother?
by joseph
Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 pm
Topic: UPDATE: blisters on affected hand
Replies: 3
Views: 875

Re: UPDATE: blisters on affected hand

<t>He knows not to touch the stove and if we tell him something is hot he will get away from it but I guess because he couldn't feel it being hot he didn't know not to touch it. I am going to teach him to test the water first with his right pointer finger before he submerges any other body parts. <b...
by joseph
Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:30 pm
Topic: UPDATE: blisters on affected hand
Replies: 3
Views: 875

UPDATE: blisters on affected hand

<t>I took my son to the pediatrician because the blisters were bursting and his poor little fingers were turning all red and purple and swelling up. The dr. said that his fingers were infected and put him on an oral antibiotic. She said it looked like he burned himself. I keep asking Joseph what hap...
by joseph
Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:42 pm
Topic: Blisters on affected hand
Replies: 4
Views: 1062

Blisters on affected hand

<t>My son woke up this morning with three blisters on his fingers. One had burst and now it's an open sore. This has happend once before when he was just learning to crawl/scoot and we assumed it was because he was dragging his arm along. He's two now and I don't know how he got the blisters. He isn...
by joseph
Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:08 am
Topic: Test for diaphram...
Replies: 1
Views: 527

Test for diaphram...

<t>I need to know the name of the test that is done to see if the diaphram is working correctly. My son's injury involved all the nerves with avultions and I was wondering if he was having a hard time breathing. He was breathing really heavy after running a short distance. We live at a high altitude...
by joseph
Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:00 pm
Topic: What's the name of ......
Replies: 0
Views: 637

What's the name of ......

what's the name of the test to see if the diaphragm has been compromised? My son has a global injury to his left arm and it involves c4. I was just wondering if his diaphragm is working properly. I know there's a test that a dr. can do. Anyone know the name of it?