Search found 17 matches

by Chillywil91
Sun May 27, 2012 10:25 am
Forum: Research Towards a Cure
Topic: Functional Recovery of Completely Denervated Muscle: Implica
Replies: 0
Views: 3350

Functional Recovery of Completely Denervated Muscle: Implica

Functional Recovery of Completely Denervated Muscle: Implications for Tissue Engineered Muscle. Kang SB, Olson JL, Atala A, Yoo J. Source Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Department of Surgery, Bundang-gu, Korea, Republic of; kangsb@snubh.org. Abstract Tissue engineered muscle has been pr...
by Chillywil91
Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:20 pm
Topic: Harvard Bioscience files filed two major patents in regenera
Replies: 1
Views: 2334

Harvard Bioscience files filed two major patents in regenera

Harvard Bioscience, Inc., a global developer, manufacturer and marketer of a broad range of specialized products used to advance life science research and regenerative medicine, has filed two major patents in the field of regenerative medicine, the first covering 61 claims for its stem cell therapy ...
by Chillywil91
Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:59 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: The good and bad of my doctors appointment
Replies: 4
Views: 1867

Re: The good and bad of my doctors appointment

I was injured 10-17-07. A delivery van crossed the median, got airborn, and landed on the car I was driving. It was a known possibility that I might have a brachial plexus injury due to the clavicle break. But I was so unstable, and there were so many other things wrong, it wasn't confirmed until my...
by Chillywil91
Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Re: The good and bad of my doctors appointment

Thanks Chris, My bracial plexus injury wasn't an avulsion. My clavicle was broken (amoung a lot of other things) in a car accident. The nerve injury occured near the break and only effected the upper shoulder and bicep muscle. Doesn't change the fact that I still need the transfer done. I'm glad to ...
by Chillywil91
Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 pm

The good and bad of my doctors appointment

So earlier this week I met with the top Neurosurgeon at the University of Michigan. From my appointment I learned some good and bad news. The good news for those newly injured: The Avance product from Axogen Inc can lessen the effects of brachial plexus injuries if not nearly correct it altogether. ...
by Chillywil91
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:42 am
Topic: CORRECTING and REPLACING AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First O
Views: 3863

Re: CORRECTING and REPLACING AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First O

No I don't work for the company. I'm just really excited about this. I'm meeting with my doctors in a couple weeks to discuss how Avance can help me. Someone tell me if you have info on muscle regeneration afer nerve signal is restored.
by Chillywil91
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:38 am
Topic: CORRECTING and REPLACING AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First O
Views: 3863

CORRECTING and REPLACING AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First O

Fourth graph, fourth line should read: ...patient with a functional deficit at the donor site. (sted ...patient with a functional deficient at the donor site.) The corrected release reads. AxoGen’s Avance Nerve Graft First Overseas Shipment to US Military Base AxoGen, Inc. today announced that it ha...
by Chillywil91
Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:37 am
Topic: nerve regeneration
Replies: 2
Views: 1592

Re: nerve regeneration

Check the research forum on this site. AxoGen is now marketing a product that can repair peripheral nerves. They have FDA approval, have already completed clinical trials, have used it on brachial plexus injuries and seen success. The product is named Avance. I'm meeting with my own doctors in a cou...
by Chillywil91
Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:55 am
Topic: Studies Show AVANCE Nerve Graft Effective in Repair of Perip
Replies: 0
Views: 2065

Studies Show AVANCE Nerve Graft Effective in Repair of Perip

Studies Show AVANCE Nerve Graft Effective in Repair of Peripheral Nerve Damage Data From Multiple Studies Show AVANCE Effective for the Repair of Damaged Nerves Including Repairs up to 30mm; Results Presented At 13thAnnual Meeting for Regenerative Medicine ALACHUA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Results fro...