Search found 12 matches

by Gina Mc
Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:46 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Trying Again - Brachial Plexus caused by viral infection
Replies: 6
Views: 2200

Re: Trying Again - Brachial Plexus caused by viral infection

Thank you - yes i've spoken with her. I was just trying again to see if there was someone new! Not that I would want that but because it's so uncommon would like to know more!
by Gina Mc
Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:42 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Next camp?
Replies: 5
Views: 3274

Next camp?

Is there a place and date for tne next camp? Thank you for your help!! Gina Mc
by Gina Mc
Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:34 pm
Topic: Trying Again - Brachial Plexus caused by viral infection
Views: 2200

Trying Again - Brachial Plexus caused by viral infection

<t>Hi I thought I would try again. In Aug 06 I had a viral infection that attacked my brachial plexus. I'm still in constant pain and although both arms were affected my left side is much worse. I have really no use of my left arm and my right is very limited. I am on pain medicine and lyrica and I ...
by Gina Mc
Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:32 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: New Jersey
Replies: 1
Views: 397

New Jersey

<t>Hi, it's been some time since I've been on. Life is still a struggle it's been over a year and just trying to live day by day!! I still have pain that is unbearable some days and some days that are just ok. I was wandering if there is anybody on here from New Jersey. I live in central New Jersey ...
by Gina Mc
Tue May 15, 2007 10:30 am
Topic: New to this site
Replies: 8
Views: 1480

Re: New to this site

<t>Hi sorry to welcome you here!! I have brachial plexus from a viral infection Aug 2006. I had numbness, tingling and extreme pain in shoulders and arms. I started physical therapy in Aug so my muscles wouldn't die off. It has definately helped because if I didn't go there I would be sitting at hom...
by Gina Mc
Tue May 15, 2007 10:16 am
Topic: Oxycontin help/research needed please
Replies: 3
Views: 696

Re: Oxycontin help/research needed please

<t>Hi and I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain! I've been there and I'm finally feeling a little more relief. I'm certainly not pain free and I'm learning to deal with that. I'll give you my story briefly. I was diagnosed in August 2006 with a viral infection that attacked my brachial plexus! I...
by Gina Mc
Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:16 pm
Topic: This is 2x now!!!
Replies: 3
Views: 729

This is 2x now!!!

<t>I just wanted to vent a little, well ok alot! A couple months back I had to go to the store to buy an outfit for a party we were attending (because I gained about 40lbs due to illness and all the medications) nothing in my closet fit. Ok no big deal..........well I put on a shirt and it got stuck...
by Gina Mc
Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:45 pm
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189389

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

<t>Hi Gina here from New Jersey. Was diagnosed Aug 2006 with brachial plexus from viral infection. It affected both sides and doctors had only seen 4 other cases that people were affected on both sides and from a viral infection no less!! I too only found this message board about a month ago. Needed...
by Gina Mc
Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:00 pm
Topic: Permanent Disability in New Jersey
Replies: 0
Views: 1311

Permanent Disability in New Jersey

<t>I applied for disability in New Jersey. I am waiting to hear back from them. They told me by April 27th I would hear from them. I am just wandering if anyone has been approved/denied in NJ. I was told since it would be 1-2 years before getting back to "normal" that I would be approved. They have ...
by Gina Mc
Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:46 am
Topic: Possible anti-depressants for (nerve) pain relief?
Views: 2387

Re: Possible anti-depressants for (nerve) pain relief?

<t>Hi, I have had such problems myself. I have had 5,10,20 &40MG of oxycontin and never had relief for very long. Also percocet for the break thru pain. I too was taking the pills more then prescribed because I just wanted relief. My mornings are the best time for me and then as the day goes on ...