Search found 18 matches

by Zadynsmom
Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:44 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Need ideas for self-dressing
Replies: 6
Views: 1477

Need ideas for self-dressing

<t>My daughter is LOBPI and 4 years old. She can do everything to get dressed by herself EXCEPT her shirt. She can get a few, very few, shirts off, by pulling the left sleeve down while bending her left arm slightly to get her left arm out of the sleeve hole. Then she pulls the shirt over her head a...
by Zadynsmom
Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:58 pm
Topic: New Baby is here
Replies: 9
Views: 1513

New Baby is here

<t>I just wanted to post an update and let you all know that I had my baby via c-section on Sunday. My water broke at 1:30 in the morning and our third son was born at 8:20 that morning. The on-call doctor discussed with us the possibility of a vaginal delivery since my due date was not until the 30...
by Zadynsmom
Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:07 pm
Topic: successful vaginal birth after BPI child
Replies: 13
Views: 2760

Re: successful vaginal birth after BPI child

<t>Thank you all for your thoughts. I have come up with just about everything you guys have brought up. I can not have a c-section with an epi. I am severly allergic to most types of anesthetic. If I did have a c-section, I would have to be put completely under and then probably have to deal with an...
by Zadynsmom
Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:17 pm
Topic: successful vaginal birth after BPI child
Replies: 13
Views: 2760

successful vaginal birth after BPI child

<t>PLEASE--- this is NOT intended to be a debate!!! Reading other posts, I know most people on here have STRONG opinions on birthing, so please, please, please, if you don't have anything to say about the actual topic (having a vaginal birth after a BPI birth) DON'T POST!!!!!!!!!!!<br/> <br/> Has an...
by Zadynsmom
Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:47 pm
Topic: Has anyone been treated for BPI at St Louis Children's Hospital
Replies: 3
Views: 589

Re: Has anyone been treated for BPI at St Louis Children's Hospital

<t>Hello, we too have been working with the St. Louis Children's Hospital. Dr. Park did my daughter's nerve graft surgery almost 2 years ago. We were very happy with the clinic and the hospital. The experience, as hard as it was to send an 8 month old baby into surgery, was a positive one. We are ac...
by Zadynsmom
Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:28 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Push-ups
Replies: 9
Views: 1982

Re: Push-ups

<t>Rachel, <br/> First off, congrats on the push-ups and PT "workouts"! That is great. <br/> Second, where in Montana are you? We live outside of Missoula and the fires and smoke here are bad too. It sure seems like the fire season got started early this year doesn't it?!?!? <br/> <br/> Alisa<br/> M...
by Zadynsmom
Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:38 pm
Topic: Botox in triceps to help weak biceps
Replies: 7
Views: 2164

Re: Botox in triceps to help weak biceps

<t>Mica, we had this exact procedure done in April on our daughter. She had the primary nerve graft at 8 months and then one year later, still only had a slight bend at her elbow. She too had the too stong tricep that was "always on" and we felt this was a nonsurgical option that we were willing to ...
by Zadynsmom
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:12 am
Topic: St. Louis Brachial Plexus Center
Replies: 5
Views: 1131

Re: St. Louis Brachial Plexus Center

<t>My daughter had her primary nerve graft there with Dr. Park when she was 8 months old. He is an excellent doctor and his staff is wonderful. The Children's Hospital was a great experience and the nurses were all great. (Can you tell I have nothing bad to say about it!!)<br/> I hope it all goes we...
by Zadynsmom
Wed May 23, 2007 11:42 am
Topic: Botox for external rotation & supination (esp for infants & toddlers)
Replies: 23
Views: 3533

Re: Botox for external rotation & supination (esp for infants & toddlers)

<t>Hello, my daughter just had Botox injections to strengthen her bicep and increase her external rotation. She is 20 months old and is LOBPI. We have had an amazing experience with it. She had the primary nerve graft done at 8 months and was seeing good results from that. But, her tricep became too...
by Zadynsmom
Mon May 21, 2007 4:04 pm
Topic: New Roll Call
Replies: 208
Views: 21917

Re: New Roll Call

My name is Alisa. My daughter, Zadyn, who is 21 months, is LOBPI. She had primary nerve graft surgery 4/06 and recieved her first round of Botox 4/07 and is bending her elbow on her own!

We are from MT.

Alisa
Zadyn, LOBPI, 21 months