Thanks Dan for the Sling!!

by Kianas Dad
Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:03 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Pain issues
Replies: 12
Views: 6026

Re: Pain issues

Like others my daughter was on multiple medications over 2 years. The meds made her feel iritable, bloated, depressed... Just not able to function well on any given day. She decided to get off the meds. We reduced the meds over a 3 month span till she was off them all together. Now she feels much be...
by Kianas Dad
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:55 pm
Topic: Athletic Arm Sling
Replies: 83
Views: 209204

Re: Athletic Arm Sling

<r>Dan,<br/> <br/> My daughter LOVES the sling. She said it was nice to focus on what she was doing instead of worrying about her arm. I am not sure what a hurkie (sp) is... but she said it helped in all her jumps. She ran with it 2 miles yesterday. Her running posture was MUCH better. Nice job on t...
by Kianas Dad
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:49 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Are there any message boards for 11 yrs olds to converse w/same
Replies: 8
Views: 2113

Re: Are there any message boards for 11 yrs olds to converse w/same

If you like, my daughter is 14 and loves to speak with people regarding her arm. She was 12 when she had her accident. Who are you seeing for the injury, and at what hospital?
by Kianas Dad
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:39 pm
Topic: Contralateral C-7 Progress
Replies: 1
Views: 1139

Contralateral C-7 Progress

<r>My daughter avulsed all nerves to her right arm 2.5 years ago. She had her surgery in March of 07. Here is here first hand progress, just happened yesterday <E>:)</E><br/> <br/> <URL url="http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k60/image1cs/Video/?action=view&current=MOV01971.flv"><LINK_TEXT text="...
by Kianas Dad
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:37 pm
Topic: Contalateral C-7 Progress
Replies: 2
Views: 883

Contalateral C-7 Progress

<r>My daughter avulsed all nerves to her right arm 2.5 years ago. She had her surgery in March of 07. Here is here first hand progress, just happened yesterday <E>:)</E><br/> <br/> <URL url="http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k60/image1cs/Video/?action=view&current=MOV01971.flv"><LINK_TEXT text="...
by Kianas Dad
Mon May 11, 2009 11:08 pm
Topic: Athletic Arm Sling
Replies: 83
Views: 209204

Re: Athletic Arm Sling

My daughter is in need of a sling for cheerleading. Anyone used this type of sling for that type of activity?
by Kianas Dad
Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 am
Topic: Anyone with kids with OBPI live in St. Louis or have docs here?
Replies: 1
Views: 743

Re: Anyone with kids with OBPI live in St. Louis or have docs here?

We live in Dallas and see Dr Gregory Borschell in St Louis, he is at Barnes Jewish/Washington University. GREAT Dr. I would recommend his team without hesitation.
by Kianas Dad
Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:28 pm
Topic: Been off the Boards Awhile - Next Problem to Deal With
Replies: 12
Views: 2432

Re: Been off the Boards Awhile - Next Problem to Deal With

<t>I am sure every parent on this board can understand the frustrations and the cruelty of children. My 13yo daughter has a TBPI that happened in November of ’06 (she had just turned 12 at the time of the accident). Her close friends were supportive and they still are to this day. But on the second ...
by Kianas Dad
Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:54 am
Topic: Breathing Issues
Replies: 0
Views: 624

Breathing Issues

<t>Question;<br/> <br/> My 13 yo daughter had 4 intercostal nerves used in a TBPI reconstruction surgery. Has anyone noticed issues with breathing? When my daughter does extensive cardio, she complains of chest pains. Is this a result of less chest expansion from the surgery or something else? I app...