by chimley
Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:50 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Videos: Before and After Surgeries
Replies: 28
Views: 14513

Re: Videos: Before and After Surgeries

Angela,
I sent you a private message. I have some questions for you. We are interested in seeing Dr. Elhassan.

Thanks!
Kim
Wife of Rick, LTBPI
by chimley
Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:32 am
Topic: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?
Replies: 13
Views: 7298

Re: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?

Carolyn,
Merry Christmas to you! And many blessings to all for 2012!

Kim
Wife of Rick, LTBPI
by chimley
Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:33 am
Topic: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?
Replies: 13
Views: 7298

Re: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?

Gosh, every moment in life is a learning experience and TBPI is no exception. Although it's Rick who has the injury, I, too, have learned so much from this journey, as it has not only affected him, but our whole family. I have learned so much on so many different levels. I have learned as much as I ...
by chimley
Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 pm
Topic: Muscle Transfers
Replies: 1
Views: 1670

Muscle Transfers

Hello, It's been awhile since I've been on here, but I come seeking feedback from those who have undergone a trapezius muscle transfer and/or a brachioradialis muscle transfer. Rick is now three years out from his ulner nerve transfer to C5/C6. We will be meeting with a BP team at University of Mich...
by chimley
Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:43 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: PT Advice Needed
Replies: 7
Views: 2377

Re: PT Advice Needed

<t>Ms. Stang,<br/> Yes, that's us! Such a small world, huh? We were referred to Lydia, but it's an hour away. She was referred to us by Dr. Yang at U of M. She is an excellent doc w/ the Brachial Plexus program there. Have you seen a BP doc yet? How are you doing?<br/> <br/> Rick has started w/ his ...
by chimley
Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: PT Advice Needed

<r>Hello,<br/> Thank you all for your feedback and support.<br/> <br/> Good news! We went back to U of Michigan this week and Rick's doc is facilitating a change in therapists for Rick. They have an OT in Saginaw that will hopefully work with them on a formal level in the future with their Brachial ...
by chimley
Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:06 pm

PT Advice Needed

<t>Hello,<br/> Rick's PT has told him that he has seen no more progress with his ROM therapy and thinks that the insurance company will not continue to pay any longer. They measure his ROM each month and I understand his ROM is not getting any better from a number's perspective. However, Rick is not...
by chimley
Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:14 pm
Topic: Hello to all from a fellow TBPI person
Replies: 16
Views: 4215

Re: Hello to all from a fellow TBPI person

<t>Ms. Stang,<br/> <br/> Hi and welcome! I'm a fellow Michigander. Where do you live? We're in Vassar. My husband, Rick, was injured one year ago on June 30th in an auto accident. He went up against a Salvation Army truck in his Taurus (he lost). He suffered a laundry list of injuries (broken jaw, f...
by chimley
Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:51 pm
Topic: Lyrica
Views: 2462

Re: Lyrica

<t>I asked Rick his opinion on Lyrica. He says that if he misses a dose the pain is much worse. He's used Neurontin when he was first injured but couldn't tolerate the dose needed to get any relief. The Lyrica seems to work much better.<br/> <br/> Hope this helps! <br/> Kim<br/> Wife of Rick, LTBPI<...
by chimley
Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:25 pm
Topic: coming up on second rebirthday...
Replies: 17
Views: 10584

Re: coming up on second rebirthday...

<r>Rick's first one will be on Tuesday, June 30th. Our family had a victory vacation to the Grand Canyon earlier this month. The best thing we could've ever done as a family. We took Amtrak out so it truly was a vacation for me as well, no driving <E>:)</E><br/> <br/> A year of many changes, but a w...