Search found 20 matches

by Tress
Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:02 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Anyone been treated by Dr.Grossman in Miami?
Replies: 15
Views: 1936

Re: Anyone been treated by Dr.Grossman in Miami?

<t> I wanted to take a few minutes and say Thank you for all the replies.We have definately decided to go with Dr.Grossman.Piper will have the primary surgery in September.All the information you have all given me has helped us to have some kind of idea what to expect, even though we know each child...
by Tress
Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:48 pm
Topic: ultra sound test for the diaphram????
Replies: 13
Views: 1525

Re: ultra sound test for the diaphram????

<t> WOW...Thank you all so much for the responses.I see that it has helped a lot of people to discuss this and other areas of concearn pertaining to this topic.<br/> I dont think my daughter will have phrenic nerve damage.She just seems grunty when breathing, but that is it.It has been there since t...
by Tress
Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:38 am
Topic: ultra sound test for the diaphram????
Replies: 13
Views: 1525

ultra sound test for the diaphram????

<t> When my daughter went to have all her tests done they also did a ultrasound of her diaphram.We will not see the doctor until August so I was wondering if anyone knows why this test is needed.Have any of you or your children had to have this test? <br/> I really appreciate everyone being so wonde...
by Tress
Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:22 pm
Topic: ROLL CALL - OBPI - Palm UP minority
Replies: 11
Views: 1360

Re: ROLL CALL - OBPI - Palm UP minority

Pier is 5 months and has LOBPI, no palm to mouth and effects most of her left arm.Thanks Angela I now understand the difference.
by Tress
Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:42 pm
Topic: Hurricane Dennis
Replies: 16
Views: 1944

Re: Hurricane Dennis

We are in SW FLorida, right where Charley hit last year.But so far Dennis has been good to us, lots of wind and rain, but no damages.Of course he is up to a 3(10:04pm) again so be careful up north and our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
by Tress
Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:11 pm
Topic: BPI lawsuits??
Replies: 44
Views: 4232

Re: BPI lawsuits??

I am so glad someone started this post! I have been wondering the same thing. I read where some have won and some have lost......does anyone care to share why they didn't win or what their winning factors were? I am still undecided I think.
by Tress
Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:58 pm
Topic: We need to bombard
Replies: 23
Views: 2379

Re: We need to bombard

<t>I sent one too. I didn't get to read the article though, but would like to.Did I read correctly that the dr stated about one percent of births? Because all the research I fould states it occours in 3-5 of every 1000 births. It happens more than babies born with down syndrome and spinabifida. Ther...
by Tress
Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:10 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Forcep, Vacuum or Hands related to your birth injury?
Replies: 22
Views: 2578

Re: Forcep, Vacuum or Hands related to your birth injury?

<t>Well it was covered up. But it was the "kiwi" and forceps both.While I pushed I had two nurses holding my legs back towards my ears and two nurses pushing down on my abdomen while the OB applied suction.She was stuck.Had a level 4 episiotomy and after they broke her clavicle she came out.Not brea...
by Tress
Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:49 am
Topic: Children's ages on posts
Replies: 20
Views: 2064

Re: Children's ages on posts

I agree too so here goes: Teressa 30 Mother of
Piper Rhianne 4 months old with LBPI Erb's Palsy
Khaila ShaeLynne 7yrs no BPI (ADHD)
and last but not least Dwight 30 (we all have one ladies)LOL
by Tress
Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:45 pm
Topic: Causation and Blame
Replies: 11
Views: 915

Re: Causation and Blame

<t>Yes I realize that,I was quite rushed last night when I posted that.But that is what I meant.You are correct.<br/> Although I wish it were a law that it would have to be made public record.I realize it is not the same in all cases, but the OB in my daughter case, she has caused this damage to man...