Advertising copywriter
by Charlie O
Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: obpi couples/in love
Replies: 25
Views: 14856

Re: obpi couples/in love

Sorry to hear that. Times like this, I've found it's just important to do something good for yourself each day: a good meal, favorite movie, walk in the woods, whatever works for you. Here's to better times ahead.
by Charlie O
Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:57 pm
Topic: obpi couples/in love
Replies: 25
Views: 14856

Re: obpi couples/in love

<t>Fascinating topic. Sorry to join so late.<br/> <br/> My ROBPI is fairly obvious, tho I'm often surprised how some people don't notice it, while others ask me almost immediately, "What's wrong with your arm?" The question doesn't rattle me anymore, not the way it once did. <br/> <br/> As for relat...
by Charlie O
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:30 pm
Topic: Most embarrasing
Replies: 29
Views: 12911

Re: Most embarrasing

<t>Gym class was always the worst. The ropes were impossible. So I'd just stand there like an idiot, staring that the rope while the other kids climbed. I'd really have preferred to sit it out. Not sure why the teacher thought it was better for me to stand there. Still a li'l pissed about that, can ...
by Charlie O
Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 pm
Topic: Hi All, Newbie to forums here!
Replies: 5
Views: 1852

Re: Hi All, Newbie to forums here!

<t>Welcome to the forums. I don't check in as often as I should but can't leave a hello message with zero responses. Anyway, there are alot of cool people here, all eager to compare notes and answer questions. <br/> <br/> As for me, I'm RBPI, also highly functional, tho some things are harder than o...
by Charlie O
Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:26 pm
Topic: Let's see how silly we really can be
Replies: 59
Views: 23244

Re: Let's see how silly we really can be

I always called it my "bad arm." Tho I did have a gym teacher refer to it as my "bum wing" once. I thought that was rather colorful.
by Charlie O
Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:50 pm
Topic: locking elbow
Replies: 23
Views: 21421

Re: locking elbow

If my BP elbow is in a bent position for a long time, sometimes I feel resistance when I try to straighten it. If I then use my no-BP arm to force it straight, the BP elbow pops... the sensation is very similar to cracking my knuckles, only more so. But not painful.
by Charlie O
Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:36 pm
Topic: Adults born with this injury?
Replies: 10
Views: 4108

Re: Adults born with this injury?

<t>Welcome, Antoinette -<br/> I'm 46 but have been answering the "what's up with the arm?" question for awhile. Usually "birth injury" suffices. If they're still curious (few are), I go into detail about the mechanics. When I was in my teens and 20s, I was very ashamed of my arm. These days, I'm muc...
by Charlie O
Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 pm
Topic: i just wanted to say hello
Replies: 13
Views: 3848

Re: i just wanted to say hello

David,
Welcome. Your story sounds very much like mine. I've been living with ROBPI for 46 years and used to be very self-conscious about it. Any questions, feel free to ask.
-Charlie
by Charlie O
Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:53 pm
Topic: i just wanted to say hello
Replies: 13
Views: 3848

Re: i just wanted to say hello

<t>Welcome, Andy. I'm 46 years old, right-side OBPI. I was a 10 lb baby and a month late. Forceps did the rest.<br/> <br/> I found this site a couple of months ago and it has really helped me gain a sense of community, update my understanding of my injury, and get medical facts.<br/> <br/> I think y...