Search found 288 matches

by Tanner's Mom
Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:00 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Giving birth again
Replies: 10
Views: 3848

Re: Giving birth again

<r>There are several moms out there who have gone on after a bpi birth to have vaginal births and not just vaginal births, but amazing birth experiences. I have had some great conversations about how incredible, empowering and healing their births were. <br/> <br/> I have personally spent a lot of t...
by Tanner's Mom
Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:29 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Undo my daughter's surgeries?
Replies: 6
Views: 1484

Re: Undo my daughter's surgeries?

<t>Getting several opinions is key and be sure to question the heck out of every doctor you see. I had a few pages of questions and saw several doctors before making any final decisions. It is not easy but worth its weight in gold. <br/> <br/> I agree with Claudia and know the Mod Quad is basically ...
by Tanner's Mom
Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:31 pm
Topic: Reducing preventable medical errors, improving care and accountability
Replies: 0
Views: 951

Reducing preventable medical errors, improving care and accountability

<r><URL url="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/opinion/29hall.html?_r=1&emc=eta1"><LINK_TEXT text="http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/opini ... 1&emc=eta1">http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/29/opinion/29hall.html?_r=1&emc=eta1</LINK_TEXT></URL><br/> <br/> Op-Ed Contributor<br/> First, Make N...
by Tanner's Mom
Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:23 pm
Topic: FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium in NJ - Dr. Kozin will attend
Replies: 1
Views: 679

FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium in NJ - Dr. Kozin will attend

Check out the events board if you are interested in attending this day of fun, free to bpi families.

Lisa
by Tanner's Mom
Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:22 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium - Dr. Kozin will attend
Replies: 6
Views: 4662

FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium - Dr. Kozin will attend

<r>FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium in Camden, N.J. <br/> On Sunday, June 21, 2009 all BPI families are invited to attend a free, fun-filled family outing at the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, N.J. Families are encouraged to arrive as early as 11 a.m. and remain until the Aquarium’s closing time...
by Tanner's Mom
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:27 am
Topic: Dr. Kozin
Replies: 7
Views: 1491

Re: Dr. Kozin

<t>Kate summed it up better than I could have and I think she brought up some very important points. After seeing many speciailists, some labeled conservative and others aggressive, we decided to go with Dr. Kozin for our son's surgery. <br/> <br/> I know it is all so very hard and overwhelming at t...
by Tanner's Mom
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:17 am
Topic: Any children with severe injuries in Chicago, New Jersey or NYC area?
Replies: 2
Views: 983

Re: Any children with severe injuries in Chicago, New Jersey or NYC area?

Thanks mommieinneed!

If anyone else is out there and willing to help, please drop me an email at Lisa@ubpn.org or Lisa@inreachaz.com

Thanks!
Lisa
by Tanner's Mom
Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 am
Topic: OT - Chicago & surrounding areas
Replies: 19
Views: 3704

Re: OT - Chicago & surrounding areas

<t>Hoping to connect with families in Chicago or surrounding areas, I came across this old post. Many folks know Jennifer and the wonderful work she did. I haven't had the honor of meeting her, but am thankful for all her efforts. In the past I have asked around and tried to find out how she was doi...
by Tanner's Mom
Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:32 pm
Topic: Any children with severe injuries in Chicago, New Jersey or NYC area?
Replies: 2
Views: 983

Any children with severe injuries in Chicago, New Jersey or NYC area?

<r>I am hoping to connect with a few families who have children with severe brachial plexus injuries from birth who reside not too far from Chicago or NYC. Also, if anyone lives in New Jersey, please drop me a note. I am looking for folks who might be interested in helping out some with an important...
by Tanner's Mom
Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:44 am
Topic: Great Awareness Article on BPIs
Replies: 1
Views: 825

Re: Great Awareness Article on BPIs

Wow, what a great article! So neat to see moms caring to make a difference and trying to help others, and so nice to see a reporter willing to share the truth about this injury. Thanks for sharing this.
Lisa