Search found 22 matches

by Medlin
Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:09 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Early Childhood Care Question
Replies: 5
Views: 611

Early Childhood Care Question

<t>Hi. I haven't posted in awhile but I had a question for any of you who have used the early childhood care offered by the public school system. My daughter Zoe has a robpi yet she functions very well. I am concerned that she is going to be too smart to get into this program. She really needs the O...
by Medlin
Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:46 pm
Forum: Suggestion Box & Forum Help
Topic: Profile
Views: 3256

<t>I would like to see UBPN add to the profile a section to put a short bio. Like who in a certain family is affected by a BPI, and ages, stuff like that. I don't know if it is possible...I just can't keep people strait in my head, and I feel like I have to give vital stats everytime I post so peopl...
by Medlin
Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:44 pm
Topic: looking for information
Replies: 9
Views: 1194

Re: looking for information

Does anyone know how to find out if a certain Doctor has injured children before?
by Medlin
Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:59 pm
Topic: What to expect with Botox
Replies: 3
Views: 823

What to expect with Botox

<t>In the near future, Zoe will be receiving Botox injections. What should I expect imediatly after she is given the shots? Will she be able to move her arm normally? Will it cause her lots of pain? Her shots will be in her sholder hopefully to help with winging...Any experience would be helpful!<br...
by Medlin
Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:00 pm
Topic: New Roll Call
Replies: 208
Views: 21916

Re: New Roll Call

I am Melissa Medlin, wife to Jeramy Medlin, and mother to Nolan 15 months, and Zoe 2 1/2 who has a ROBPI.

This is a great idea!
by Medlin
Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:43 pm
Topic: Searching for Support
Views: 569

Re: Searching for Support

<t>I found a support group in my area on the nbpepa.org website. On the left hand side of the page there is a link called Support Groups. I would check there. Also, please feel free to email me if you have any questions. I am NOT an expert. Just a parent with an injured child taking one day at a tim...
by Medlin
Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:56 pm
Topic: Awareness Prayers
Replies: 33
Views: 2453

Re: Awareness Prayers

<t>Zoe 2 1/2 and little brother Nolan 15 months. <br/> <br/> We sing a song at church to close each service...<br/> <br/> May the Grace of Christ our Saviour, and the Love of God our Father and the Fellowship of the spirit be with us. Forever, and ever, forevermore, Amen.<br/> <br/> That is my praye...
by Medlin
Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:06 pm
Topic: Cyclic Vomiting
Replies: 7
Views: 935

Re: Cyclic Vomiting

<t>Update on Zoe...<br/> <br/> When we went to the Doctor before I posted this message, she put Zoe on Zantac. It's WORKING! She hasn't gotten sick for like 6 days straight. We are so happy!!! Thank you all for all of your response! If anyone else has anything else to share I would still love to rea...
by Medlin
Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:55 pm
Topic: pillows in bed
Views: 569

Re: pillows in bed

My son Nolan is just over a year old, and he has had a pillow for a month or so. The pillow we use for him is the same width as the bed he sleeps in, so there is less of a chance for him to move it in his sleep. This works well for us.
Best of luck!
Melissa
by Medlin
Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:41 pm
Topic: Cyclic Vomiting
Replies: 7
Views: 935

Cyclic Vomiting

<t>I will try not to be too graphic here, but we have got a really bad problem with Zoe. For the last 4 nights in a row she has woken up vomiting. She wakes up retching, and when she is done and cleaned up she goes back to sleep. We took her to the doctor and she said she could have what they call C...