Search found 155 matches

by Carrie
Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:47 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Need ideas for self-dressing
Replies: 6
Views: 1477

Re: Need ideas for self-dressing

<t>I do roughly the same thing only in reverse because I have an ROBPI. For tighter shirts I either grab the back of the neck with my uninjured arm with both arms still in the sleeves and then look down while pulling the shirt straight off in a forward motion over my head like out in from of me, the...
by Carrie
Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:39 pm
Topic: Can we talk about puberty & bpi ? experienced mom advice please
Replies: 15
Views: 2260

Re: Can we talk about puberty & bpi ? experienced mom advice please

<t>Well, first I need to stop freaking out that Maia is not a little girl anymore. Still shocked though, shouldn't she be like...5 now? Not almost a teenager? <br/> <br/> I have a couple of thoughts, one is that she'll be as moody and up and down and this-is-THE-END-of-the-WORLD as any other kid goi...
by Carrie
Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:28 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Need Your Opinion Re: Rotator Cuff Surgery & Nerve Blocks
Replies: 4
Views: 1273

Re: Need Your Opinion Re: Rotator Cuff Surgery & Nerve Blocks

<t>I had a rotator cuff decompression (not arthroscopic actually) on the injured arm in 2001. The plan was to do local anesthetic but the anesthetic had to be injected into the (obstetrically injured) brachial plexus. I can't really remember because they give you drugs so you'll forget, but it was t...
by Carrie
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:17 pm
Topic: Keyboard?
Replies: 2
Views: 1092

Keyboard?

<t>Does anyone have a mini/compact keyboard recommendation? I've found some online but it's hard to know whether they are actually smaller (less than 6 inches between P and Q) or if they just compact the size around a regular keyboard. I type one handed with my left (uninjured side) hand and the key...
by Carrie
Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:06 pm
Topic: One-Handed Typing Program
Replies: 9
Views: 3179

Re: One-Handed Typing Program

<r>I type one handed even though my right (injured) hand has pretty normal function, but my right wrist doesn't bend and flex normally so typing the traditional way making two handed typing uncomfortable. I also still look at the keys which is kind of funny because on my (five year old) iBook the le...
by Carrie
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:05 pm
Topic: VIP Question for All Adult OBPI only
Replies: 35
Views: 5229

Re: VIP Question for All Adult OBPI only

Well, now I just feel left out from all the awesome happening on the private board. Stop hogging all the awesome! I've emailed Kath to send down the ladder from your KoolKid treehouse but now I've got to wait for someone to add me... and dream about all the cool stuff in there...
by Carrie
Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:15 pm
Topic: Camp 2009
Replies: 39
Views: 7575

Re: Camp 2009

<r>Pat, that's not selfish, or at least, I'm just as selfish as you. If I'm going to go down to camp, and I'm investing my time, energy and not an insignificant amount of money there has to be something in it for me. <br/> <br/> I'd like to see more adult-centered offerings that let injured adults h...
by Carrie
Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:17 pm
Topic: Constraint induced therapy camp- has anyone done this?
Replies: 30
Views: 6134

Re: Constraint induced therapy camp- has anyone done this?

<t>I'm sorry, I just find that sentiment so offensive. I don't "forget" that I have two arms. One is partially paralyzed and does not do what the other one does, so I use it less. I'm not questioning what worked for your son, you need to make the right decisions for him, not me. But I'd like to say ...
by Carrie
Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:11 pm
Topic: Constraint induced therapy camp- has anyone done this?
Replies: 30
Views: 6134

Re: Constraint induced therapy camp- has anyone done this?

Honestly, as someone with an injury I think this is cruel. It is painful to use the affected arm sometimes and to see it forced makes me really upset.
Carrie
LOBPI, 26
by Carrie
Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:58 pm
Topic: Selective service?
Replies: 16
Views: 2786

Re: Selective service?

<r>Hey, Luc? According to the selective service you can only - under current circumstances, I believe this could be expanded if necessary- be drafted if you are between the ages of 18 and 25, so you've already aged out of the system. <URL url="http://www.sss.gov/">http://www.sss.gov/</URL> <br/> <br...