by rbwalton
Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Happy New Year!
Replies: 1
Views: 930

Re: Happy New Year!

Hi -
I check this all the time and still missed this post. Happy New Year to you and Jordan too. Lots of news since we last talked. I tried to send you a PM, but seems it did not work?
by rbwalton
Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Topic: Pre existing condition
Replies: 9
Views: 3433

Re: Pre existing condition

So, in short, never lose insurance and never let COBRA lapse if I quit or lose my job. Fair enough. I am one step beyond your scenario. COBRA does not last even if you pay it up. Now, I have been turned down twice for exceeding the guidelines for pre-existing conditions (only one is BPI related- so...
by rbwalton
Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:56 pm
Topic: Hello Everyone!
Replies: 13
Views: 2830

Re: Hello Everyone!

<t>Do you know if anyone else in your family has similar problems with arm or leg weakness? I mentioned above that Neuralgic Amyothrophy can cause arm and hand weakness. It is most common for it to impact the brachial plexus- but it(especially the hereditary type)can also impact other plexus sites- ...
by rbwalton
Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:15 pm
Topic: Hello Everyone!
Replies: 13
Views: 2830

Re: Hello Everyone!

<t>Krista<br/> <br/> I agree that it would have seemed you would have noticed Erbs palsy before now. I woudl also caution that although Physical therapists and Orthopedic therapists know their stuff, they are not the best diagnosticians. It is too bad your regular doctor passed this off to someone e...
by rbwalton
Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:40 pm
Forum: Suggestion Box & Forum Help
Topic: email updates in watched lists. . .
Replies: 3
Views: 9434

Re: email updates in watched lists. . .

I have it set to "yes" to email updates and on threads for which I am the originator, I still get nothing. It has never worked for me since the day I registered.

Message was edited by: rbwalton
by rbwalton
Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:49 pm
Forum: Suggestion Box & Forum Help
Topic: email updates in watched lists. . .
Replies: 3
Views: 9434

email updates in watched lists. . .

<t>Maybe I am missing something simple. What is "Email-updates" in the contro panel for watched forums for? I would think if you have that set, and you have supplied your email address, that you would get an email when the forum topic in question has an addition of some kind. If tat is supposed to h...
by rbwalton
Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:45 am
Topic: new to forum with Parsonage Turner Syndrome (aka Brachial Plexus Neuritis)
Replies: 11
Views: 9269

Re: new to forum with Parsonage Turner Syndrome (aka Brachial Plexus Neuritis)

<t>Hi-<br/> The way this study came about for me is that a reader of my blog told me about it. I recognized the names of the doctors doing the study from many web-pages I had seen out there on HNA. They have done this before, so I contacted them with my basic history. They had me send in examples of...
by rbwalton
Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:15 pm
Topic: new to forum with Parsonage Turner Syndrome (aka Brachial Plexus Neuritis)
Replies: 11
Views: 9269

Re: new to forum with Parsonage Turner Syndrome (aka Brachial Plexus Neuritis)

<t>Hi Neil-<br/> Yes the pain. . It definately redefined my pain scale since it was at least a 15 on a scale of 1-10. My pain did not last as long as yours- so I guess I am lucky there. But, I am now at nine years since the first attack, and three since the last. I was just getting better in 2006 wh...
by rbwalton
Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:21 pm
Topic: Update of my BPN - Parsonage Turner Syndrome
Replies: 7
Views: 3898

Re: Update of my BPN - Parsonage Turner Syndrome

<r>Hi- I missed this post entirely. I thought this site sent email on watched subjects, but it never has worked for me. If you tried to email, it must have been with my old email address- I lost yours. New one is <EMAIL email="rbwalton3821@att.net">rbwalton3821@att.net</EMAIL> . <br/> <br/> > Hi! I ...
by rbwalton
Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:57 pm
Topic: Parsonage Turner Syndrome (AKA Neuralgic Amyotrophy)
Replies: 0
Views: 1546

Parsonage Turner Syndrome (AKA Neuralgic Amyotrophy)

<t>Parsonage Turner Syndrome would appear to be a more historic term for the disorder also known as Neuralgic Amyotrophy. Use of that older term honors the doctors who first described the disease that seemed to impact the right brachial plexus in most cases. They noted numerous probable causes inclu...