tendon transfers

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
karlos

Re: tendon transfers

Post by karlos »

hi Athos,
Glad everything went ok,yeh re the pain thing it seems to get a little worse every day mainly in the fingers ,i think to be honest its becouse they have been immobalised for ten days and starting to get a little stif,dont get me wrong tho its not intorable more like throbing,
I went back in for the dressing changing on friday and on monday there going to put a splint on and start the light phisio,ill just be glad to get out of this pot!!
I know that every doc does things differnt but i was quite supprised at the length of the scars(about 7 inch on top & bottom of fore arm),still as long as it works i dont mind.
keep posting mate when theres news.
karl
dennisbk

Post by dennisbk »

I wonder if something like this can be done for the rotator cuff or deltoids.
Dennis
athos

Post by athos »

Karlos I have a question.
When u were in the plaster could u straighten it or did u have to hold up the forearm at 90 degrees with a sling. I'm asking because when I got out of bed the day after surgery on more than one occasion I straightened the arm, and it hurt. I then asked the nurse if she could get me a sling to hold it flexed at 90 degrees. I just hope I didn't stretch anything. Your feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Athos
George

Post by George »

Happy new year Athos !! Glad your surgery went well, and hope the pain will lessen in the days to come. Would like to be a fly on the wall when you see your fingers move again :o) New year - new movement.......it's only fitting. Rest up, and let us know how your getting on. Thanks for the post mate !

And good luck to you Karl as you begin physio. We're pulling for you as you give those fingers some fresh air and exercise.

The best to you both,
George
karlos

Post by karlos »

hi,
all i was told was to keep my arm raised up in a sling for a couple of days just to reduce the swelling,this was just while i was in hospital ,but then i didnt use it any more apart from if i was in the pub etc purely so nobody knocked it,i'm sure its perfectly safe to let your arm hang down and the pain you felt was more than likley just the blood retuning to your arm,i'v got to admit that i have felt a few "twanging " sensations but was told not to worry just dont try to move your fingers as this could snap the tendons.
Dave m

Post by Dave m »

Hi Athos, cheers for the update mate, you and Karl have new movement to look forward to soon! Keep your eyes on the prize lads, i hope its sooner rather than later you're out of splints and pain and enjoying the results, good luck!
kathy

Post by kathy »

Hi - I am facing this surgery in the next couple of weeks. How long were you in the hospital? I assumed it was same day surgery and I would go home the same day. Did you have a cast on while you still had stitches?

Thanks for answering and I am glad you are both doing good. I hope you have great improvement.

Kathy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi kathy,
to be honest it really depends on how you you feel after your op,i cant speak for Athos but i was in for a total of 3 days,the cast you have on just goes on the under side of your arm so it can be removed easly and then your just bandaged up.the stiches i had was under me cast but were the disolvable kind,
dont wory Kathy its a sinch!!
karl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi kathy,
to be honest it really depends on how you you feel after your op,i cant speak for Athos but i was in for a total of 3 days,the cast you have on just goes on the under side of your arm so it can be removed easly and then your just bandaged up.the stiches i had was under me cast but were the disolvable kind,
karl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi kathy,
karl