Camp 2014

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Camp 2014

Post by cbe411 »

We had a great time! There were 5 of us TBPI! I am hoping to see MORE of you come out next year! There is NOTHING like meeting someone 'just like me'!!

What keeps y'all away from coming to camp??

Courtney
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Re: Camp 2014

Post by jmar »

More than last time......there was.only one. Besides one board member who was there a very short time. So hopefully there will.be even more next time.

I liked the Olympics activity because it demonstrates what we have been through losing the function in an arm. The only thing is we did not have the luxury of untying our arms when we needed to use them. It was a great eye opener for what a traumatic injury is. But without the pain and agony.
Master DIVER TOM

Re: Camp 2014

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

I am thinking I might go to camp 2015 :shock: :roll:
What is better to be in person to help than posting :roll: Really , Sign me up for face to face time, Parent, child or latter in life to :shock:
I did this years ago , at a Chicago picnic for children with these injuries ;) :D
I ask a child what Bugs them and show a child to eat by things you eat one handed, Ribs , chicken , pizza ,Etc I hated to lift my erbs arm up with my good arm to eat with a knife and folk, I told the parent and the child what I just said, Fact is being embarrass in eating one handed. Well do what works your way.
Sign me up for the help place, I have all ways seen ware others Have found a way to try and post ;) :D Better in person than a speech I guess??? I seen parent try to help there child to move forwards, children trying to help here to by posting ;) The latter in life injury to, Hugs yo All and amazed , There is many post here ware others figure out how to do things, Ware I could not :shock: :D Just-Camp???? We all could share more Face to Face , than Post ????
I guess :shock: :D Parents with these limitation experience trying to get help or work for them finding a way to help there child by post ;) :D Children helping children with limitations, and latter in life injuries helping both by post ?? Face to face help :shock: ;) :D
Just Thinking :shock:
Tom