itching

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
shaunnb

itching

Post by shaunnb »

hey guys & girls.

i hope you are all well.

been a while since i posted.

has anyone ever had an itch within their affected arm that you just cant scratch? a it is actually in their arm?

its driving me crazy.. any remedies? heat pack?

i literally feel like sticking a knife in my arm to get @ the itch :?
mspennyloafer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: mild TOS/winged shoulders/hypermobile then

march 2010
experienced intense BPI type sx then numb hands,
august 2010 sensation came back to hands but then lifted weights improperly and numb hands came back, NO health ins. at the time

Re: itching

Post by mspennyloafer »

from my experience this means one of your nerves is irritated
or regaining function, depending upon your situation.
Christopher
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date of Injury: 12/15/02

Level of Injury:
-dominant side C5, C6, & C7 avulsed. C8 & T1 stretched & crushed

BPI Related Surgeries:
-2 Intercostal nerves grafted to Biceps muscle,
-Free-Gracilis muscle transfer to Biceps Region innervated with 2 Intercostal nerves grafts.
-2 Sural nerves harvested from both Calves for nerve grafting.
-Partial Ulnar nerve grafted to Long Triceps.
-Uninjured C7 Hemi-Contralateral cross-over to Deltoid muscle.
-Wrist flexor tendon transfer to middle, ring, & pinky finger extensors.

Surgical medical facility:
Brachial Plexus Clinic at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
(all surgeries successful)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Theodore Roosevelt

Post by Christopher »

yeah, I've got in near my ankle bone area that is mostly numb from harvesting the surral nerves from my calves (for nerve grafting at the brachial plexus). Nothing works, no solution. When it happens, it drives me nuts. Good luck!
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

From ITCHY, Ok this is what I do for this and I think it nerves that cause the itch? My itch is from a need for higher blood flow needs issue of limitations in winter my arm turns purple from the cold . Pick a partner that can put on a good skin conditioner on you and gentle rub it in deep include your hand and fingers to. It great for blood flow issue to nerves to, I think . Man , does it help with dry skin to and fells great to me, Do a gentle deep rub in, it help me over the years ;) :D Will this help you :shock: :roll: .
I all ways wonder if there was such a thing as Nerve itch? :shock: I never had nerve transfers, I am in AW that they can even do Nerve transfers, Sure am happy that you have a treatment like that :D Treatment for a fact have change over time :mrgreen: So really is it ever to late to get treatment? :roll:

Tom

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:51 pm.