New to This/Son injured

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
raisab

Re: New to This/Son injured

Post by raisab »

I called Mayo today to check on paperwork...They said the doctors would be reviewing on Tuesday or Thursday, and she would call me Thursday to schedule appointments. She knew my sons name immediately when I called. I will take this as a good sign.
Thank you for all your responses...anymore?:-)
I will have a million more questions but at least I know where to come to!
This website has been an incredible help! Thank you to whomever started it!
raisab

New to This/Son injured

Post by raisab »

MY son was shot during an armed robbery September 26th while at college. The trauma unit was able to save his life by repairing his arteries (subclavian) but his BP is injured. I have found out more about this than I care to in the last few day. He has no movement in his fingers, he can twist his wrist but not wave it up and down.
Today his EMG confirmed that there is complete disruption in the mid and lower trunk.
I am confused reading these boards....should we even try to see about surgery? I ask this because it is his fingers and the slowness of the nerve to grow....
Can someone give me some quick and good advice?
What should he be doing now? He gets an MRI in a couple of day, as well as starting occupational therapy. He has seen a Neuro, ortho, and physical rehab doc. NOt to mention a trauma surgeon and cardiovascular but that is for another board!
Is there anyway to stop the muscle from dying? This is my baby...I am thankful he is alive, but where do we go from here? Should I contact Mayo as they seem to be the most mentioned here? Time travel, money is not an issue....
Please help...and God Bless you all.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:36 pm.