transfer date at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
karlos

Re: transfer date at last!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by karlos »

ps:
just my two penneth worth , but after reading the other posts regarding surgery for/against debate , really is each to their own but i have had extensive surgery ,nerve transfers etc, and wouldent hesatate to go through it all again after this tendon deal is done that will just about be it but if something else came along then i would without doupt take up the option,
having lived for two years only been able to move my fingers to be able to regain (after tendon transfers) around 75% of function i cant praise my consultant enough ..... i guess im very lucky.
George

Post by George »

Sounds like terrific news Karlos!!!!! So glad you got a date to fix those fingers and wrist. All my best to you mate, and wishing loads of success for your speedy recovery. Tell us how it goes. I'm pretty sure there are others who will benefit from your experiences. From what I've heard, you are in good hands. Good luck !!!

By the way........my birthday is Jan. 6th also......

George
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, it sounds like u are having the same op. done as I am. Basically your radial nerve is injured, so you are getting some tendons transferred for extension of wrist and fingers/thumb. Right?
Well that's good news. I also have a provisional date of 3 Jan. 2002 for the same op. at the RNOH by Dr Carlsdedt (that's roughly how u spell it).
Well it looks like we are having the same op. done at the same time more or less. We can keep in touch about our progress. Good luck.

Athos
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, it sounds like u are having the same op. done as I am. Basically your radial nerve is injured, so you are getting some tendons transferred for extension of wrist and fingers/thumb. Right?
Well that's good news. I also have a provisional date of 3 Jan. 2002 for the same op. at the RNOH by Dr Carlsdedt (that's roughly how u spell it).
Well it looks like we are having the same op. done at the same time more or less. We can keep in touch about our progress. Good luck.

Athos
George

Post by George »

Congrats on your date too Athos!!! Was wondering how you were doing......busy with docs I'm sure, getting ready for your surgery. Wish you the best in your recovery!! Let us know how it goes. Good luck mate....thinking of you guys across the pond there....

George
Dave m

Post by Dave m »

Hi Karl mate! That operation from Simon Kay, my physio says he may want to do that with me but i dunno, he'll have to sell me on the idea 1st! Good luck and see you guys in Essex on the 24th, yeeehaaa!!
PS i sometimes forget to log in here, but if you can still read and post without, why log in?? hmmm (NOT a puter whizz)
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Yep; NICE one Karl; that wait for the NHS to rumble into action seems endless doesn't it?

Lookin forward to meeting you and your missus on the 24th!! should be a good 'un...I'll be in touch with maps etc. later this week...anyone else up for this Gathering of like minded individuals?? If so, email me...just click on my name above to get to my address; all bpi peeps and their supporters are very welcome... hopefully there will be plenty of merry making in the true Brit style...only Auld Lang Syne and possibly the Birdie Song are banned.. ;0) heheheheee!!
Liz xx
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi George,
good to hear from you too. I hope things are going ok with ur arm and that that wrist is gradually but surely getting stronger. Is it getting better? If things can fix themselves as nature intended is always better than having surgery. Ciao and speak to u soon.

Athos
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi George,
good to hear from you too. I hope things are going ok with ur arm and that that wrist is gradually but surely getting stronger. Is it getting better? If things can fix themselves as nature intended is always better than having surgery. Ciao and speak to u soon.

Athos
Jocelisse's Parents

Post by Jocelisse's Parents »

Hi Athos and Karlos
You are in the same process as my daughter too. Good luck and the best wishes to you Karlos. The only difference between you and our daughter is she is 5 years old. The Doctors here in Houston are thinking to do this transfer of tendons and nerves in December too. We will go next Tuesday to meet the teem will perform the surgery to our daughter. I got some information thanks to Francine about this surgery in UK but I will like to know if Athos had the surgery at the same place as will do Karlos. I will like to get more information about the prognosis of this surgery. I will appreciate if you could help us. Thanks,
Jose and Ivelisse Morales