Motorcycle accidents.

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
adg007

Re: Motorcycle accidents.

Post by adg007 »

Hey Shaun,
Adelaide eh, my dad lives in Gawler. Nice little town. Yeah I too still love my bikes! Would like to ride again one day, perhaps if I ever got the use of my arm back? but want to keep what I have left for now.
Stay safe.
Andrew

Message was edited by: adg007
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

hi my name is ross.i had a bike accident a year last april.i tore 3 of the nerves out off my spine and other injuries.but none like all this nerve pain in my arm n hand.i read n hope this is wrong that the pain never really goes away.it just dules down after the years.ive asked my surgeon but he just give me.everyone is diffrent so ive had to look on diffrent web sites.have you been told diffrent or anyone else who reads this reply?.rossco
shaunnb

Post by shaunnb »

Hi Ross..
my bike accident was end of may last year. I cant speak for everyone in regards to pain...as i really feel for those who have it bad..
have you had nerve surgery yet? i think my worst was the stabbing pains...as i think the nerve was growing down my arm.
for me it has definitely gone down a bit. i think it comes in waves..sometimes unbearable..then not too bad..
i leave the heavy painkillers for then, and use low dosage endep antidepressants for bed.
neuropathic pain is a bitch.
but as scott said, and put me on to..tamazepan...lets you sleep.

shaun
s8n

Post by s8n »

yep i'm a statistic. i wrecked a road king in aug of 07 just trying to get used to life like this.i was a harley tech had the best of life goin for me and then stuff like this happens.well i have brought my family from nothing serveral times just hope i can do it this time.it's hard now that i can't work and finding a doctor is a pain i just want some kind of normality out of this but we'll see.wish you all the best.
s8n
gmebius

Post by gmebius »

Hello Shaun,

I am Gunnar, 37 from Mexico.
I had a motocycle accident in 1993.
I was riding a dirt bike and ran into some rocks.
This caused a BPI in my right arm.

Did you have surgery?
What is your condition today?

my email is: gunnar@commet.net

Gunnar
John K

Post by John K »

ltbpi aug 99 from motorcycle too. It was a Roadking as well. I own a small motorcycle shop. I have to bikes and have them rigged so I can ride again. Eventually the arm thing is just something you take for granted. Some get more recovery than others but we all find a way to get on. My left arm is totally flail but 8 years later I think about it less and less. Staying busy seems to be the easiest way to deal with it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have very limited use of my left arm and shoulder after a motorcycle accident in 1995. The c4, c5, and c6 nerves were avulsed on my left side. Luckily I'm right handed-I can't imagine what it would be like if I were a lefty. Thirteen years later, I'm 34 and still have trouble dealing with injuries-mentally and physically. Looking back, my self-image issues probably were a major contributor to my divorce in '04. It also makes it difficult for me to meet new people. Thank God for the friends and family that I do have. I'm just now starting to look for ways to cope with life after my injury. I hope talking to others will help-for me as well as them.
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

Hi Shaun
rtbpi Feb.99, still here, beliving life is not so bad with fail arm. Still hope in motorcycling again.
(Sintra - Portugal)
www.geocities.com/paulo_go
shaunnb

Post by shaunnb »

Hi Paulo, great pictures on you site about doing your shoelaces up with one hand...wish i had them when i was teaching myself, but i got there in the end.

shaun
racerboy

Post by racerboy »

Add me to the list of motorcycle accidents. Sept 21, 2008. Destroyed my 1993 Ducati Superlight when I hit the back of a tractor-trailer, and got thrown off the bike into steel guardrail. No avulsions, but stretched C5-C6. Also broke tibia, fibula, radius, scapula. Lots of screws, plates and rods holding my right side together now. Definitely planning on riding again. Have a number of other Ducatis that are just collecting dust. Just before my accident I bought a 1098R (#41 of 450) and only got to ride that bike two times before I got hurt. Grrr…