I have designed a great sling

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Paulo

Re: I have designed a great sling

Post by Paulo »

Hi ( still right here! )

My arm is the same as Jenny´s. Mine at 8 years. ( hi Jenny ! how are you? husband and kids ok? )
In my case, as i get my shoulder fused, dont wear sling anymore. I wear a ortho on my arm, and i find ok.
www.geocities.com/paulo_go
I had see some hard concerts and whent ok. No "stage dives" but enufh to give some great jumps.
But allways curious to see that sling, dont you put the images on the net? Thanks

Cheers to all!
Paulo G
Brandon_3

Post by Brandon_3 »

I would defnitely be intereted. Let me kno what to do.
Thanks
Brandon
trr_amesh

Post by trr_amesh »

Carless

Thanks for your images of sling.

Where we will get and how much cost? Please give the details without fail.

Take care.............Ramesh
beingmom

Post by beingmom »

would like to see pictures for my son who is rtbpi.
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

Hi i would love to see pictures of the sling people are using as I am in need of a new one so i can play sports again. My email is gunky81@hotmail.com. Thank you if anyone can help me.
birdslanding2

Post by birdslanding2 »

I would be interested in seeing pictures of what you have come up with for a sling. I have a friend who makes traditional slings for me but I would like to find something that removes the weight from my neck and shoulder. I would like to see what you have.

Thanks Joanne
swhite1
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI

Post by swhite1 »

carless,
Once again sorry to meet like this so lets make the best of a really crappy situation. ACKNOWLEDGE, ACCEPT and ADJUST, Triple Aces, AAA or TRACE - my new mantra.
Are you tbpi, your boyfriend or both?
Anyway slings... I went through a few until I found one that serves multiple purposes. It cradles my left elbow from my left shoulder and cradles my left hand from my right shoulder. It keeps my arm/hand close to my chest. The two cradles attach to each other via a velcro strap.
Otherwise they are 'free floating. I have to wear all the time because my left shoulder is seriously messed up. Ortho didn't want to do anything until I get some strength back to it. The straps that come from under my arms are irritating but the benifit is worth it. Because I'm a disabled vet I got it free from the V.A.. I'll find out the order part and number to relay to you asap.
Scott[/b][/b]

Message was edited by: swhite1
Janelle54

Post by Janelle54 »

I would be interested in any sling that seems to work. I have yet to find one that is comfortable. I find because of the swelling in my arm that I need a bigger sling than I should really need for my size. I'm 5'2" 125 lbs. My left arm is 3" bigger than my right arm. I need support of the sling half way down my little finger. I don't know about the rest of you but it sure seems like slings are only designed for a relatively short time span, not the months / years we face.

I have ordered a custom made sling that I sent the designer my measurements. I'll let you know if this designer is good once I get the sling.

Please send me the information you have on this sling.

Thanks,
Janelle
Drake's Mom

Post by Drake's Mom »

My son is slowly getting use of his arm back, but for right now he needs a sling for PE and recess at school. He is only six and he has made the choice to play soccer and i don't want to be the one to hold him back. So i would love to find a sling to hold his arm close and to keep his arm from being slung around and bothering his shoulder. He will have to wear something during games and practice and the sling he has slides all over the place, so please send me pictures.

Thanks
Drake's Mom
jtkdferguson@aol.com
mjq1602

Post by mjq1602 »

I may have been interested in seeing this sling that you have but I am at the moment considering amputation!

However, I lost the use of my right arm (have ok movement in shoulder) 22 years ago and only wore a sling for the first year.

Since then I have been wearing a Brace/splint that I got made at the Orthotics dept at the hospital. I think this has a number of advantages over a sling:

1. When wearing a long sleaved top my injury is hardly noticeable.

2. It's very comfortable and stops my arm from flailing about.

3. It offers some protection, kind of like body armer, but a lot lighter!

4. Makes it easier to put clothes on.

I have used a brace for 21 years and wouldn't be without it.

Anyone wanting a picture just e-mail me michael.quinn@sky.com

Bye

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu May 29, 2014 12:14 am.