ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
AK_Cara
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: TRBPI on January 14, 2005 at the age of 14. Complete avulsion of C6-T1 with a very damaged C5, regained shoulder stability and bicep thanks to the team in Minnesota. If there is any fellow Alaskans here let me know! I don't get out of Alaska much.

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

Post by AK_Cara »

Hi! It's Caralyn Cox up in Alaska, I pop in when I can! I'm 18 now! lol
tinachick

Post by tinachick »

Tina from Staten Island New York
gooftwo
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: c4,5,6,7 and t1 all avulsed,no left arm movement and fingers twich but no control.Had left arm removed at the shoulder.

Post by gooftwo »

yea i'm a lurker usally cry to much when i read the boards but still read them.i had my motorcycle accident in 9-2-09 live in tacoma wa. no use of left arm
bill de brooklyn
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: BP injury July 20, 1968 the result of an auto accident(c5). No surgery.

Post by bill de brooklyn »

I had my accident while riding a bicycle in 1968. I spent nine months in the hospital( broken femur, tibia and fibula as well as broken left arm- radius and ulnar)with a BP injury of left arm.

Bill Henry
Brooklyn, NY
Nicolette
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I had a RTBPI by Motorcycle accident, in March of 2006

Post by Nicolette »

I was in a motorcycle accident March 31 2006, I just had surgery #3 in Jan 2010. I'm on the road to recovery once again and loving every minute of it.
Nicolette
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I always learn sooo much from you all on this TBPI Forum Board about Pain Management.

HUgs to you all :mrgreen:
Gramma Carolyn J/71
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
marlene1959
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle Accident-passenger (May 07) RTBPI (avulsion), closed head injury, diminished sight in right eye, Broken neck,wrist,ankle,clavicle, burst T6 (surgical intervention),ribs, fractured facial bones. In coma for 5 weeks, rehab 5 weeks. Back to work 3 1/2 months post accident. Referred to Mayo from Louisville Hand Center. Brachial Plexus Reconstruction at Mayo February 2008. January 2010-showing small signs of nerve activity. Was last seen at Mayo July 2010 and was told I did not HAVE to return unless something changed....am still dealing with the disappointment of being told this. I'm afraid my surgery was performed too late (9 months post accident) to be successful.

Post by marlene1959 »

Sorry to be a very infrequent lurker......too busy living life to the fullest level I can manage!! Horrific motorcycle crash in May of 2007 caused a right TBPI, with too many other injuries to list. I usually come to this site to gain perspective and info that helps me in the place I now find myself in. But count me in.....I will visit more often. ps - I live in southern Illinois, east of Evansville, Indiana.
zetagrl

Post by zetagrl »

T. Jackson from California Left tbpi from a gun shot injury in 2005. Occasional reader.
cristinam

Post by cristinam »

Also an occasional reader. :]

cause: car accident, a little over 2 years ago.
mac-chick
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Injury date is possibly 8/2008. I am post surgical C6-C7 discectomy & fusion-7/2008. 6 weeks out of surgery my 75 lb. dog lunged at a rabbit and yanked my L arm and snapped my neck back, twice. After 1 1/2 years of complaining of pain, I just got a diagnosis of "diffuse chronic denervation changes from C4-8 consistent with multiple root involvement or brachial plexopathy."

Post by mac-chick »

Hi, I'm Cherie from Denver, Colorado and just recently diagnosed with BP "disorder." I have lots of questions! :D