Another result!

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
cdmurfee

Another result!

Post by cdmurfee »

Today, I raced to 3rd place at my state championship road race =^] I won the field sprint, as 2 guys clipped off the front that no one knew about until it was too late. I feel very positive about working towards my goals in July, and I just wanted to share. There were a few times I wanted to quit because it was hard and hot (100F), but I just had to tap into the determination I developed living with BPI all my life. Having BPI stinks for sure, but I know it also forces is to develop mental strength that most don't.

-Chris
28/LOBPI
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (126.04 KiB) Viewed 5064 times
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Another result!

Post by richinma2005 »

Awesome!!!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

GREAT GOING,CHRIS!! I am sooo proud and inspired by your accomplishments. Please do post this too on FB. Parents need to be inspired and encouraged. there are many who just go on FB.

(((BIG HUG)))
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Great!!!! ;)
There is always , these amazing Trys that do work out :D
Sharing the life with these injury at birth or latter in life and sharing with parents these post is Great idea to!!! :shock: :D
The guide idea in my life is to stay focus on the next try and my trys that did work :D Best way is staying in TRYING to stay positive rather than downing your self in your trys when things do not work out :D :shock:
There are so many post like ours to share ;) ;) :D This is a life long quest to overcome your way to adapt :D So is a better pain pill to Help for your trys :shock:
Mr Positive,
Tom
utzybuzzy

Post by utzybuzzy »

I just saw your post and thought what a wonderful achievement. I was curious how you can ride so steadily. I've done a few centuries, but this past weekend I did a metric century and lost my balance, went into the grass and slid down a ditch. I ended up breaking my collar bone on the side with my affected arm. Just posted on another forum about how the surgeon treated me. How do you ride holding onto the bottom of the handle bar and how do you get your water bottle out? This accident happened when i took my good arm off the handle bar. I'm very active physically so this is killing me right now. Thanks!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed May 28, 2014 1:19 am.