Anyone had a nerve block in the c-spine?

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Re: Anyone had a nerve block in the c-spine?

Post by patpxc »

Never had one,however I did have spinal cord compression at c-4 c-5 a few years ago and had a frontal dicectoy with fusion. So I have a cow bone and a titanium plate there. Other than not having god ROM in my nexk--it's hard to turn my head to back the car out of the driveway and having my arms and legs go to sleep a lot, I haven't had a lot of pain or other problems.
If it would make you feel more comfortable,I would get a second opinion.
Pat ROBPI
kissygoose

Anyone had a nerve block in the c-spine?

Post by kissygoose »

I'm having a lot of problems with my C-spine as I've read some of you have had as well. Apparently it's also causing more problems for my LOBPI arm. I met with the pain clinic and they want to do a nerve block in my neck. They said it was a risky procedure to start with which makes me worried. With the added problems of the OBPI it makes me more so.

I was wondering if any of you might have done a nerve block in your neck and how if any the OBPI affected the procedure and outcome?

Thanks

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:53 am.