Most embarrasing

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
hagens1

Most embarrasing

Post by hagens1 »

I just want to know what has been the most embarrassing situation you had to endure do to your bpi.

My most embarrassing just happened when i had my last Surgery on my good arm and my "LOVING" wife had to "cleanse my bottom" at the Walgreen's. What a way to develop closeness

hagens1
CSMITH

Re: Most embarrasing

Post by CSMITH »

MY MOST EMBARRASSING IS EVERY TIME I HAVE TO SHAKE SOMEONES HAND LIKE AT CHURCH OR AN INTERVIEW,SINCE MY INJURY IS ROBPI I HAVE LIVED WITH IT 38 YEARS IT STILL MAKES FEEL INSECURE.
clearyaj

Post by clearyaj »

i loathe buffets. especially when there is no room to set my plate down...
acanneg

Post by acanneg »

My most embarrasing was whenever I was asked to write on the board in school growing up. People always looked at me weird when I would hold my arm up to the board, since I write with my injured arm. :-P
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I to have had Buffet anxiety atacks and accidents spilling...I hate BUffets. Most embaressing was 3 times I lost balance /tripped and prat fell on my face entering airplanes. I AM working on my balance problems.;)
Carolyn J
LOBPI/70

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
twatson386

Post by twatson386 »

When I saw the buffet posting, I about laughed. There has been countless time while at those darn buffet lines the food ends up either all over me or all over floor from not enough room.

Message was edited by: twatson386
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

I'm another one who hates buffets when there is not enough space to set my plate down.

Joanie
Evan J

Post by Evan J »

The place where I was waiting tables closed down and I was hired at a restaurant that hadn't opened yet and I was scheduled as the only server for the first night, needless to say I had about 60 people come in at once. After getting about 20 plates of food out I was bringing out two trays of food and for a second forgot that my arm doesn't work quite like it should and tried to put a tray with five plates of food in my left hand and dropped them all over the floor. awesome first night.

-Evan
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Post by Judy-T »

One of my embarassing moments was just recently. I got on a neighbors bicycle and started riding and then said oh f#%&! It had hand brakes. Mine has pedal brakes and over the front I went. I am still recovering from that one.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I HATE BUFFET'S I am forever apologizing for hitting people with my elbow. That was tough when my kids were at elbow height. I have a problem with those doorways jumping out and hitting my elbow.
I find I am in constant motion and wiggle a great deal... some people notice it and have asked why I don't sit still.

Kath robpi
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi