Should have never had the surgeries (non bpi)

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
kissygoose

Re: Should have never had the surgeries (non bpi)

Post by kissygoose »

Thanks ladies. It's sad that my "bad" arm is now my good arm. Things aren't getting any better yet and frankly I'm having more pain than I did. I'm going to request that my dr. prescribe OT for me even if it's just to get the information to do the stuff at home. I'll keep you all updated.

P.s. nothing back from dr. nath yet.
rachelcasa

Re: Should have never had the surgeries (non bpi)

Post by rachelcasa »

Sorry to hear you are in such pain. You should call your doctor and ask him to recommend some physical therapy. It really does help get the strength back.

Remember not to over do it but try to stretch out a little bit at a time.

Keep your chin up and stay positive. *HUGS*

Rachel *MT*
kissygoose

Should have never had the surgeries (non bpi)

Post by kissygoose »

I'm basically worse than I was before. I'm so not happy but there isn't anything I can do. the dr. says that some of the neuropathy and tingling may go away with time but it may be permenant. I still have a lot of pain in my hand insision sight which bothers me. The elbow site isn't too bad but the other stuff is. I just hope that with time it will get better not worse.

To top everything off I have to decide soon what to do about the SSD and my state disability. I can't say atm that my right arm is better though by the surgeries it should be and that's what the drs will say so it takes away from my claim. I'm so tired of drs and the struggle.

Now if Dr. Nath suggests surgery (yes I finally got my records to him), I'm scared to have it done. What if going through all that it ends up not helping or making things worse. My dh is also against it.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:48 am.