New member looking for answers.

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: New member looking for answers.

Post by marieke »

Hi,
Lyrica is a common drug for nerve pain, along with Neurontin. Sometimes it takes a while to get to the correct dosage.
Heat works for me too, cold and massage I cannot handle, that hurts me more than helps if it is directly on my arm.
I take Neurontin for nerve pain I have in my back, leg. It helps somewhat. I have Lyrica too that I take once in a while if the pain at night is really bad.
Good luck,
Marieke (31, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
kamren

Re: New member looking for answers.

Post by kamren »

Up until the last month or so, I mostly used heat and massage with occational perscription motrin or hydroco fo pain. But it has now gotten to where none of these are making a dent in my shoulder pain.

As for Lyrica, I haven't ever used it, so I really can't say. Hopefully it will work for you.
Vender

New member looking for answers.

Post by Vender »

Hello, I just found the site. I am 37 and 2 years ago started with pain that just got worse by the day. I also noticed my hands getting worse. I finally found out that I have scar tissue around my BP (i am new to all this). Anyway the pain is getting to a point that I can't handle. Is there anything for the pain? Heat, cold, massage.... I am noticing that my hands are getting worse by the day, are they going to get worse. I am just freaking out a little lately. I am going to U of M on the 28th. I am taking Lyrica 200mg x 2 and they want me at 300mg x 2. Has anyone got any experience with Lyrica? OK sorry for so many questions.
Thanks
Mark

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:55 am.