Does Lyrica make you crazy at first?

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: Does Lyrica make you crazy at first?

Post by Kath »

Wish I could help but I have never taken it.
I am so drug sensitive I really feel for you.
I hope you can get this medication straightened out soon.
Feel well,
Kath ( adult/robpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Post by patpxc »

Every nerve that is damaged felt like spiders were crawling over them. It was a very icky feeling. It also made me feel spacy. I took it for 2 days and quit. I just couldn't stand it. My mother takes it and feels that it really helps with the neuropathy in her legs.
I guess everyone has a different reaction
Pat
Joy in FL

Post by Joy in FL »

I did not have that reaction at all. What is your dosage? Maybe the doctor started you out on a dose that is initially to high. How long have you been taking Lyrica? Perhaps you need to call your doctor.

The only thing I noticed was my short term memory. I had a few issues at first. Within a month that was under control.
Joy in FL is now living in Georgia!
Left TBI on October 31, 1991
Beckyerin

Post by Beckyerin »

I was on lyrica for a couple of weeks. I stopped taking it because it wasn't approved by my insurance. The first couple of days I remember being really tired and definately experienced a foggy head. It did begin to imrpove after a week. If anything ask your doctor.
Becky
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Post by patpxc »

I was only on 25 mg--the lowest dose. I have weird reactions to medication, so don't judge what happened to me as a reason not to take it. As I said my mom takes it. She takes 75mg twice a day and it really helps her pain. The pain in her knee was unbearable--now she says it doesn't hurt at all.
Everyone is different in their tolerance and reaction to medication.
Pat
kissygoose

Post by kissygoose »

I'm on 75 mg 2xday. I talked to the pharmacist and she said that it probably is the lyrica. I decided to wait it out a bit longer and the reactions are becoming less noticable. Unfortunately it's not helping the pain at all yet. I'm in more pain now than I was on the Neurontin.
kissygoose

Does Lyrica make you crazy at first?

Post by kissygoose »

I'm going nuts here. The lyrica is making me crazy. I'm shaky, can't think quite clearly and am major tired. It's almost like a hypoglycemic reaction. I know I just started on it and am hoping it's like getting used to the neurontin. Anyone else go through this? It went away right?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:06 am.