The gift that keeps on giving

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
katep

The gift that keeps on giving

Post by katep »

Today my precious Joshua turns ten years old. Today he hasn't gotten out if bed because he woke up nauseous and with a headache -the result of a traumatic brain injury he suffered last Wednesday. He missed his birthday party yesterday and still hasn't gotten up for his birthday today. All from a fall on the playground. Not from any height, not from any protruding rock on the ground. A god damn unbalancing bump off another kid which pushed him off to wards his left side... his BPI arm, which can't reach behind him or protect him or cushion his fall. So his head just hit the concrete straight resulting in multilayer subdural hemorrhage. I hate this injury and I hate that on the ten year anniversary of it happening, it is still the goddamn gift that won't stop giving,

Sorry but I don't have anywhere else I can vent. I haven't allowed myself to cry since Wednesday and now it feels like it won't stop. I want to scream and swear and punch holes in the walls. It is just so unfair.

Kate
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: The gift that keeps on giving

Post by Carolyn J »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!! My Scott's Birthday too!

failed birthday cake picture :cry: :( :? ....boooooooo...............ohhhh!
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75++++ 8-)
Attachments
birthday-card2012.jpg
birthday-card2012.jpg (156.44 KiB) Viewed 5175 times
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGGGGGGGGG))))))))))))))))))))))))) for you,MOM. VENT VENT VENT :!:
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75++++
ASC
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI

Post by ASC »

Joshua, stay strong. Happy Birthday. People are rooting for you!

Tony (ASC)
ROBPI/Adult
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

so sorry to hear about this kind of injury on top of his BPI or because of it. cry till you feel better. hope he recovers fully. BTW The cake pic looks delicious.
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

First Happy birthday :D
The hardiest thing come with issues in trying to overcome thing we face :shock:
When I was little I fell a lot on my left erbs side, got bloody many times and have so many scares because of it :evil: :twisted:
There is many things we face ware we are force to find a way to adapt our way for challenges , just like falling on the injuries side.
So now for a gift of direction to adapt for this problem :roll:
How to stop a fall on the limited side :roll: When I fell I am going to fall on my erbs side I move my left leg out further and stand and put my weight on that leg more :roll: If falling happens sooner I throw my weight in a twist to fall on my good side to catch my fall. This really work in riding a bike a motorcycle wrestling and playing foot ball :shock:
It was also great growing up with a mom like you ;) :D
There is a endless challenges with these injuries no matter when they happen and being sad is part of it and so is the idea in adapt by the :idea: s we learn overtime in adapting to these endless challenges that happen.
The true gift is when we find a way to try to adapt :roll: and the post we try to help :shock:
Hope this help :roll:
I just read the post 13 going on 14
So I thought I would add this to my post after reading the next post :roll:
There really is a lot ware remembering more about what you have done than things that dont work out, we move forwards some how :shock: and that the hardiest to do ,Never giving up ,we all have tenacity to try than staying depress .
What moves us forwards in a quest is the :idea: s that seem to pop up, we try and some time you adapt overtime that really surprise all by the outcomes so many post, getting there the Quest and sometimes it a act of God :shock: Sometimes it pure Guts to try ;) There Hope and there is post ;) :D Venting is sharing to, because we really know how other fell by our post and encouragement comes from the heart. :D
Tom