SURGERY IN DECEMBER ON 5 MONTH OLD

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
SONY13
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter DOB 28-06-2013 injured right arm at birth. She dint move the arm at all for about 5 weeks, slowly gained some movement, she can lift her arm up and sweep sideways while lying down, has a wrist drop but a firm grip. Currently discussing primary surgery

SURGERY IN DECEMBER ON 5 MONTH OLD

Post by SONY13 »

I am a first time mom and terrified. I know that we are doing this to help her gain function and the best possible treatment, but I am a hospital - phobic to start with. I hate to get things done on her that I havent got done on myself. :(

I request any of the parents here to share their experience and let me know what to lookout for.

We are travelling to Paris, so any information on flight travel, strollers and car seats would be helpful

Praying for all our kids,

Sony
Laurenengle
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Global injury 2005 mod quad 2006 triangle tilt 2008

Re: SURGERY IN DECEMBER ON 5 MONTH OLD

Post by Laurenengle »

It's so scary and I will never forget waiting for my daughter when she was tiny and having surgery. If u don't have a relationship with god you sure form one quick. Remember you are doing the very best thing for your child. It will be fine.
marlin's mom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 6/7/2000

Re: SURGERY IN DECEMBER ON 5 MONTH OLD

Post by marlin's mom »

I remember, it was 13 years ago at 5 months. Its scary, but its the best thing that you can do for her/him. When you look back on this, hopefully you will feel as I do, grateful for the advances in recovering function. My daughter had avulsions to C5 and C6 and a rupture to C7 ( I think...2 avulsions and one rupture)

I'm sure at lot of advances have been made since she had surgery, it was still pretty new then, it is so exciting when function began to return.

Actually I just realized that you have already had surgery but I bet you are now beginning to see some results.