new to Florida and neurosurgeon??

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
parkersmom00
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: It happend at birth, he was 9 lbs 6 oz

new to Florida and neurosurgeon??

Post by parkersmom00 »

Has anyone hear of Dr.Eric Trumble neurosurgeon out of Orland Florida?? My son is now 11 and we are in a new state so he has to be evaluated and not sure that is the correct type of doctor to start off wth ANY help would be greatly appreshated!! I'm a single mom of two! Thx again
emilyalberger
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: left arm bpi since birth,can only bend my elbow mostly ne feeling n when i get it its not the right sensation

Re: new to Florida and neurosurgeon??

Post by emilyalberger »

im from the tampa area and no one has ever heard of bpi so I wouldn't even bother over here
Tuckersmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born At Parrish Medical Center in Titusville,Fla.After becoming stuck in the birth canal A doctor(any doctor)was paged 911.Believe it or not There was NO Obgyn on staff to preform a delivery,so a midwife and one other nurse had to deliver my son.He suffered 2 torn nerves and came out lifeless...
We see Dr.Grossman In Miami along with Dr.Price.He has had a nerve transfer in 2010,A round of botox and a recasting in 2011 and now we will having another round of botox in which we pray no cast will be needed.He is a smart handsome little boy who has come so far and everyday I feel he's improving!

Post by Tuckersmommy »

I thought I had wrote a reply on this but can't seem to find it.I travel to Dr Grossman and dr price in Miami.They are amazing and specialize in BPI cases.Its a 4 hr drive down there and the traffic is a nightmare But it's all worth it in the care my son gets from them.They have a hospital provided apartment walking distance from Miami children's if your child has any procedures done and it's like $20. A day I believe.As for therapy...that's where I struggle-The previous post says it all.No One knows a thing about BPI anywhere near my area which is sooooo frustrating!!!! I go to a local therapist but basically do it my self!!!! I am 30 to 45 minutes from Orlando.Now a brand new children's hospital called Nemours* They are said to have it all...possible you maybe able to find a BPI Dr there as well.
My cousin is a physical Therapist in Gainsville and they are bringing in a BPI Dr sometime this month from I believe Ohio.She will be shadowing him and working close with him to learn more about bpi's.Ill keep u updated as I hear more.Hope this helps some...don't lose hope,it's out there
Life is a dance~We will all learn it as we go
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Post by Judy-T »

Here is an excellent bpi therapist in your area. I know her personally and she has helped a lot of bpi kids.
http://ubpn.org/resources/medical/medic ... view=entry
Tuckersmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born At Parrish Medical Center in Titusville,Fla.After becoming stuck in the birth canal A doctor(any doctor)was paged 911.Believe it or not There was NO Obgyn on staff to preform a delivery,so a midwife and one other nurse had to deliver my son.He suffered 2 torn nerves and came out lifeless...
We see Dr.Grossman In Miami along with Dr.Price.He has had a nerve transfer in 2010,A round of botox and a recasting in 2011 and now we will having another round of botox in which we pray no cast will be needed.He is a smart handsome little boy who has come so far and everyday I feel he's improving!

Post by Tuckersmommy »

She's about an Hour south of me in Melbourne But she is amazing!!! The only one. Who specializes in Erbs palsy.I've seen her a few times.Only downfall was she is not in our insurance plan and was $120 a session.We did it twice but just couldn't swing $120 a week.She is a fabulous therapist who knows exactly what to do.I highly recommend her to anyone who needs a therapist and has Her in their coverage plan.Thank You Thou* maybe its an option for the previous posters
Life is a dance~We will all learn it as we go