Spider bite on bp arm

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Spider bite on bp arm

Post by admin »

ARE THE DOCTOR'S SURE IT IS A SPIDER BITE. I HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD AND WE LIVE IN MINNESOTA WHERE THERE ARE MOSQUITOS AND MANY OTHER BITING BUGS. BOTH MY BOYS HAVE HAD THIS ALONG WITH ITCHING. JUST MAKE SURE NO VITALS ARE TAKEN ON THAT ARM BECAUSE THEY COULD COME BACK INCORRECTLY, ALSO NO INJECTIONS BECAUS THE SYRUM MAY NOT TRAVEL PROPERLY. TRY LEAVING IT ALONG, TOUCHING IT FROM YOUR FINGER MAY CAUSE BACTERIA TO GET ON THE SORE. TRY CALAMINE LOTION OR ALCOHOL.
evee

Spider bite on bp arm

Post by evee »

My 3 yr old son Christian got bit by a spider on his bp arm. Christian came up to me last night and told me his arm was was making a popping noise. I was supprised to hear that because his arm does pop when he moves it but he never mentioned it before. I pulled his sleeve up and rubbed it thinking maybe it was hurting him or uncomfortable for him. I saw a pink spot on his arm and when I touched it, it felt hard under the skin. It was small. I didn't see any bite or puss. The next morning when I changed his pj's his arm was swollen where he was bitten. It was dark red in the center (dime size), and pink on the outer side around the center. Total size bigger than a half dollar and hard. I took him to the emergency but the doctor walked in and said that he could do anything for him just to watch for puss, color change or discharge. I was upset. He didn't give him benedryl or anything. It has gotten more swollen and hard. When you see his arm you can see the swelling on the front view and side view. I was concern since it was on his bp arm. He hasn't complained of pain or itching. I wasn't sure if maybe he can't feel anything.

Any helpful information is appreciated.

thank you
Evee
diver

Re: Spider bite on bp arm

Post by diver »

Hi, I will try to help :roll:
When I was born in the 50s with birth erbs , growing up my erbs arm was stung many times by all types of things, what needs to be done is if the swelling does not go down go see a doctor ;)
My erbs gave me torn and stretch nerves, ware the nerves are torn so if I hurt it or cut it in those area, I would not fell it, the stretch nerves never got better overtime , Never let a doctor tell you wait and see on nerve issues. My popping sound in my shoulder come from the shoulder popping and elbow to. :shock:
I can tell you I have cut ,burned , bruised and other things to my erbs arm, thing happen but I dont think :roll: it matter to my erbs arm or hand. But then again I drove semi with erbs for 25 years.
Hope this help a bit ???
Tanasity to try is a good thing :shock: :( :D
Tom