Outreach- Att'n Nancy & who's going to camp?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Outreach- Att'n Nancy & who's going to camp?

Post by admin »

Hi Nancy & All,

Saturday's mail just came and still no Outreach at my home here in NH. I'm just wondering if my name is still on the Outreach list ? I know that we live in the boonies but has anyone else still not received it?

Also, let's start a camp list. Who's planning on attending? I have to try and "iron out some kinks" so am not sure about attending. It sure was a fun and informational time at the last camp and I was so pleased to finally meet, face to face, the many folks that I've " met" on the boards the past almost 7 years. How are you all doing? Hopefully, see you son. Lou
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: Outreach- Att'n Nancy & who's going to camp?

Post by Kath »

Hi Lou
Nice to hear from you. Outreach was mailed on the same day to everyone... guess your post office is a bit slow. Some folks have not received it yet and usually I am the last but I received mine last week.
I hope yours arrives soon.

Have you noticed we have a Message board just for camp.
We thought it would be a great idea to keep all the Camp posts together for those who are looking for information. What not start a Camp thread there. I hope you can make it to camp. Ralph and I will be there.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Mel4fitness

Post by Mel4fitness »

I haven't received mine as well but I will be attending the camp, can't wait!!!
BrokenWingedAngel85

Post by BrokenWingedAngel85 »

I'm in MA and still haven't received mine, but I'm waiting patiently. I'd like to bring Daniel to camp this year, but it's still up in the air for us. We have so much going on this summer - Daniel's first birthday, many trips to the hospital, and his grandfather is having surgery to remove cancer - that we may be too busy. I really hope we can fit it in, though.

Johanna
Tanner's Mom

Post by Tanner's Mom »

I am in Arizona and have not received Outreach either. We will be attending camp and look forward to it!

Lisa
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Wow, I can't believe how many people have not received Outreach yet. I'm always amazed at how quickly some receive it and how slow it is for others. We mail it out at the non profit bulk mailing rate and some post offices get that out quickly, others are slower.

Camp information from Outreach is now posted on this website at:

http://ubpn.org/camp2005/registration.pdf

Lou, I hope to see you there!

Nancy
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I am in northern MN and still no outreach here. I hope that I can arrange it so that I can make it to camp in the fall. But my freshman year of college starts September 6th. So I will have to see if it can be arranged when I am at orientation June 20th and 21st.
Amy
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
JamieMarie'smommie

Post by JamieMarie'smommie »

I'm also in NH(Lakes Region) and have also not received my Outreach.
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

outreach arrived on Saturday but was lost until today due to a graduation party. I am excited to go look at it.
Amy
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Nurseem

Post by Nurseem »

I'm in Northern California (Santa Rosa) and am still waiting for my copy. Anyone in this area receive thiers yet?

Emily