Botox Injections and Mod Quad Surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
brandonsmom

Re: Botox Injections and Mod Quad Surgery

Post by brandonsmom »

My son Brandon is ROBPI, he had surgery, MOD QUAD, a 14 1/2 months, the youngest at that time to have it this early. He has had marvelous results, he covered quickly and was back on his feet in no time at all. If I had to do it all over again, I Would !By the Way...my son is 6 1/2
Evansmom

Post by Evansmom »

Hi-
Our son Evan just had the Mod Quad surgery with Dr. Nath in November. He was 6 1/2 months old at the time. He is soooo loose now. I would do it all over again, especially with Dr. Nath, we just love him.
He is doing great, but we think that he will need another surgery down the road because his shoulder on his right (ROBPI) side is higher then on his left. He just started TES this week.
Good luck to you and your family. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Peggy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our daughter Julia has a Rt. BPI had primary at 6 months and mod quad at 12 months We also went to Dr. Nath , he's the best, Mod quad was a quick surgery for Julia and 24hrs. later she was dancing to the wiggles in her crib at the hospital. although she has had little gain of bicep so far it did loosen her shoulder up nicely. As for Botox, Julia is also using this as part of her therapy and has had several injections to date in the tricep/deltoid to help bicep Unfotunatley Julias recovory is slower than I anticipated but all we've learned about Botox seems to be a safe treatment to see what bicep can do. Julia began to show signs of the Botox wearing off after 2 months with seemingly no ill effects. She may be receiving another injection this month as bicep is showing slight movement. GOOD LUCK !!!
Michelle/Dan N.J.
alricjr

Botox Injections and Mod Quad Surgery

Post by alricjr »

My son is 9months and has and OBPI. He has regained some bicep movement but his recovery has been very slow. His physical medicine and rehab doctor wants to try botox injections to his pectoral muscle and bicep to see if temporarily weakening them will give his triceps a chance to become more dominate so that he can raise his arm/hand over his head.

Does anyone have any experiences with this?

Please share your experiences with us as we are considering this therapy later this week. If it fails we will be heading to Texas for Mod/Quad Surgery w/ Dr. Nath. in March.

I would also appreciate it if any parents who have had Mod Quad surgery could share there experiences as well especially if your child had surgical intervention when they are as young as our baby.

Thanks

Alric & Sonia

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:05 am.