Seeking parents in the Triangle/Triad area of NC

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
enamey

Seeking parents in the Triangle/Triad area of NC

Post by enamey »

Hi,

My name is Emily Namey and I'm a research coordinator at Duke University. We are conducting hour-long interviews with parents of children who have experienced birth injury, and I was hoping that I might find some of you via this board. A description of our study and contact information is below. I would very much appreciate the chance to talk with you about your child's birth if you fit the eligibility criteria.

Many thanks in advance,
Emily

If you are the parent of an infant who has experienced an unexpected birth outcome, you may be eligible to participate in an interview study at Duke University. The purpose of our study is to learn more about the communication that happens between parents, doctors, nurses, and other health care workers during the difficult experience of having an unexpected birth outcome.

For this study, we’re interested in talking with parents with infants born 1 to 3 years ago who had an unexpected birth event. To be more specific, some examples of unexpected birth events include a nerve injury, cut, or broken bone on the baby, a medication or laboratory problem involving the baby, or an unexpected stay for the baby in the Intensive Care Unit. For this study, we will not be talking to parents whose baby died, or who are or have been working with a lawyer.

The study involves a screening telephone interview to see if you are eligible, and one in-person interview that will last about an hour. Compensation of $100 will be provided.

This study has been reviewed and approved by the Duke University Medical Center Institutional Review Board (Pro00026683). For more information, please contact Emily Namey at 919-668-9009, or by e-mail at emily.namey@duke.edu.