We Have a Time & Place! WA/Greater NW BPI

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
PeggyF

We Have a Time & Place! WA/Greater NW BPI

Post by PeggyF »

To start off Awareness Week, Helping Hands Greater Northwest BPI Support Group will gather at Owen Beach (Point Defiance Park) on October 19th.

We have the spot from dawn 'til dusk (if we so desire), but I'm thinking from about noon to 4:00 p.m.

We'll be doing a potluck, so if you could please respond and let us know what you want to bring, that would be great! Feel free to contact me: pferg@wavecable.com or Julia Aten: julia120589@yahoo.com

We will also have a live band, The Backwoods Windjammers, to play for our entertainment.

Peggy

This is what I received from the contact person from Metro Parks today; she's been a real angel! :

Peggy,
What you are doing sounds so special and I am here to help you make this a memorable time. What I am going to do for you is only charge you a $100.00 refundable damage deposit and wave the application fee. I hope this will help. Owen Beach will be a perfect location for what you are planning. There are restrooms at Owen Beach which will be open and there is power for your use in the shelter.

Deb
Karen McClune

Re: We Have a Time & Place! WA/Greater NW BPI

Post by Karen McClune »

Thanks Peggy for getting this place for us.

It looks great.

Talk with you soon

Hugs, Karen
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Here is the link to the picnic site we have reserved at Owen Beach:
http://www.metroparkstacoma.org/page.php?id=777
(Thank you Julia for getting it!)

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it.
Let's hope that the weather is kind to us that day ;)
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Thanks, Peggy & Ju;ia.
We hope to see everyone in the NW, WA & OR.

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

bump
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

UPDATE: Owen Beach directions, go to Point Defiance Park- follow signs to zoo, keep going, and Owen Beach is on the left.