BPI Gathering in St. Louis list of speakers

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

BPI Gathering in St. Louis list of speakers

Post by mamaofsix »

I would like to give you the list of speakers for the BPI Picnic in St. Louis on October 11, 2008 from 12-5. For those who are coming in from out of town, hotels are available at a discounted rate. We plan on meeting on Friday evening as a meet and greet and then having a great time at the picnic on Saturday.

List of Speakers:

Dr. Gregory Borschel, MD and his PT/OT team with the Brachial Plexus Palsy Clinic at St. Louis Children's Hospital

Emma Preuschl (LOBPI) and her parents - 2008 US Paralympic Team - http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... /807300361

First Steps - Speaker TBA

We are very excited about this upcoming event! Please email me at stlbpi@yahoo.com if you are interested in registering or if you would like more information.
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Re: BPI Gathering in St. Louis list of speakers

Post by bfaithda »

This sounds awesome!!!! I really hope we can make. It is to early for us to tell right now. I will have to let you know later.
AlannahD
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 7-year-old granddaughter, LOBPI

Post by AlannahD »

How do we get in touch to register if we are interested Thanks,Camille B.
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

Post by mamaofsix »

You can register online at http://stlbpipicnic.eventbrite.com or email me at stlbpi@yahoo.com for more information.

Thanks!