Need your Help!

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Yaritsi's Mom

Need your Help!

Post by Yaritsi's Mom »

Hi,

I'm going down to PA later this month to Shriners Hospital. I'm very stressed right now because my daughter's father (ex-boyfriend) said he would help with expenses (hotel), he later said that he would only help if he went on the trip with me. I really don't want him to go with me because since we broke up he has done nothing else than make my life impossible, he keeps harassing me to get back with him. Since I told him I wasn't sure I wanted him to go, he said basically said he wasn't going to help and now I'm trying to see how I'm going to do this and not cancel her appointment. It really stresses me that he only thinks about himself and not our daughter and her needs. There still is the possibility that he will help at the last minute but I doubt it.

Does anyone know of any organization that can help out with lodging? Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Need your Help!

Post by Carolyn J »

Shriner's in Philadelphia has a Ronald McDonald House for you to stay with shuttle to the Hosp.. Also may help with transportation. Call Dr Kozin's Clinic Cordinator.

Carolyn J
LOBPI Adult
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI