INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Brenda

Re: INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State

Post by Brenda »

Hello again!
Sorry for the delay I have been a day camp director for the last few weeks and rarely saw a computer!

We are free come down to meet (at other's convienance) until the 27th of July when we get our exchange student for a few weeks.

Thanks!

Brenda Scamehorn
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Brenda we are meeting at Starbuck's west entrance to Southcenter tomorrow the 14th at 11AM I hope you can join us.

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Heddip

Post by Heddip »

I'll see you all there. I've had my TBPI for 11 years, but just found this group a few months back.

Thanks for arranging a gathering!

Heddi
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

GOOD MORNING ALL!!Yipee! I can't wait to HUG everyone. See you soon! :)
Julia, I emailed Brenda too yesterday. I hope she comes too

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

THANK YOU all for my Hugs today!! I really needed 'em.
Julia,Josh,Karen,Heddi,Bob.. "Willard",and John. It was great to "catch-up" and I'll see some of you on Sunday-Monday at the DoubleTree. I cannot ever get enough Hugs even if we get them one-handed. You all are the best! :) :)

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

ARGGGGG! I am so bummed we missed it again. Something must be wrong with my email because I didn't get any messages. We will be coming down to South Center on Thursday to pick up Tara's brother.
Meeting you is SO very important to my daughter, so please don't give up on me yet.

Thanks!

Brenda, mom to Tara with LOBPI
Brenda

Post by Brenda »

I just updated my email in the UBPN system - it was a really old one in there. Sorry. -Brenda
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Brenda,
I'm sorry we missed you too. We'll just have to have a picnic soon. I think Julia and Peggy F are planning one before school starts. Hopefully.

"Wilard", Bob, are you up for a picnic?

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI