BPI Interest

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

BPI Interest

Post by Brenda333 »

Hello,
Are you interested in attending a BPI Gathering? I am willing to set one up this spring or summer. I thought I would send a few e-mails out to see if anyone was interested first. Thought we could possibly have a couple of speakers, with fun time with kid. I was thinking about maybe Wisconsin area, but would consider others. Please let me know what you think.

--
Brenda Copeland-Moore
Wisconsin BPI Connection
P.O. Box 23
Larsen, WI 54947
erbspalsy1@gmail.com
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
cassidysmom

Re: BPI Interest

Post by cassidysmom »

I would be very interested in a BPI gathering, we live in Canada but very close to the US border and would be willing to drive down if the timing worked for us,let me know when you know more :)
Dawn, mom to Cassidy 22 months ROBPI
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I have already chatted with you, I am interested!
Amy 21 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

i might be up for a road trip! depending on work- lol!
~Mel
~Mel/23/LOBPI