Who is interested in a MN gatheringr?

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Who is interested in a MN gatheringr?

Post by hope16_05 »

I will organize a gethering in MN in enough people are interested.
If interested post a month that works best and I will see what I can do. Also either send me an email or post a contact.
Hugs
Amy 20 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Re: Who is interested in a MN gatheringr?

Post by Brenda333 »

Amy, you know Michaela and I are intersted.
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
LoriV

Post by LoriV »

Depending on how far into MN it was, we would attend (coming from Milwaukee area).
Jamin

Post by Jamin »

I'd be up for it.
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Well for me to organize it, it would be easiest to do some thing in Duluth, MN as thats where I am most of the year.
Does any time of the year work better? There is a hotel here that has a water park but I think you have to stay the night to use the water park, I will look into that. Options for places to gather really depends on what month we pick. Let me know what you all think!
Hugs,
crw

Post by crw »

Just wanted to note here that I'd be happy to attend such a thing :)
hope16_05

Post by hope16_05 »

Let me start planning. I will aim for a date in early to mid June does that work for people?
Hugs,
crw

Post by crw »

Amy,

June works fine especially if I know ahead of time. Otherwise maybe someday you and I can just do lunch.

:)

Caiti 23, ROBPI
Taylor's Mom

Post by Taylor's Mom »

You could definately count Tay, Lauren and I in! Let me know if you need any help!
hope16_05

Post by hope16_05 »

Awesome! I am going to start planning after the first, classes should slow down a little by then. And my bod work should be done.
I will keep every one posted!
Hugs,
Amy 21 years old ROBPI from MN