Camp UBPN 2012 Save the Date

Discuss Camp UBPN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Camp UBPN 2012 Save the Date

Post by Carolyn J »

I can't wait to meet you and Hannah at Camp, Hannah's Mom. I assure you it will be very very rewarding for both you and Hannah and your other children will have a great time too!

"gramma" Carolyn J ['cause i don't have any of my own, i adopt everyone else's...lol]
LOBPI/73
sdancan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: i was born July 21, 1990. I weighed 10lbs 11oz... my mom was supposed to have a cesarean because of my size, but for some reason i havent really asked the scheduling didnt happen and when time of delivery i was born breach in the hands of a mid-wife, in beautiful San Diego Ca. i was taken from my mom right away she didnt get to see me until an hour after i was born. when i did come back into the room my right arm was wrapped up and said to have tested with needle through it. i have Erb's Palsy, many wouldnt know it because with the love and faith of my parent, and some patients where determined to gain something back in my arm. the doctors told my parents i would never be able to move it and that it wouldnt grow to its adult size. ive proved them wrong! i dont see it as a disability because i can do anything someone else can just differently. im 21 now and wanting to know more about my arm and finding that there is plenty more people like me......

Post by sdancan »

hi im sabrina and im 21. i have erbs palsy in my right arm since child birth. my parents never made my arm a big deal and made my own therapy workout room in our garage as i was growing up and ive had one surgery. it seems to the naked eye pretty normal but i can not lift it above my head, turn my wrist completely as well as i dont have the full extent in my elbow. i am new to learning more about my arm, and really happy that ive found this site. i keep reading about this camp and im really interested. but is it ideal for a 21 year old who will most likely go alone? or is it more for kids n families? i know ill be more than welcome but how welcome will i feel? just a few thoughts for anyone around my age thats gone in the past perhaps alone?? or anyone who really wants to sell me on going hahahha

thanks <3
Have a Wonderful Day!!! :)
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

i went to last years camp and i had just turned 23! im planning on going again for this one too... i go alone too. everyone is truly amazing, the kids are great, the adults are great... its an awesome experience that you wont want to miss!!! :D
~Mel/23/LOBPI
sdancan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: i was born July 21, 1990. I weighed 10lbs 11oz... my mom was supposed to have a cesarean because of my size, but for some reason i havent really asked the scheduling didnt happen and when time of delivery i was born breach in the hands of a mid-wife, in beautiful San Diego Ca. i was taken from my mom right away she didnt get to see me until an hour after i was born. when i did come back into the room my right arm was wrapped up and said to have tested with needle through it. i have Erb's Palsy, many wouldnt know it because with the love and faith of my parent, and some patients where determined to gain something back in my arm. the doctors told my parents i would never be able to move it and that it wouldnt grow to its adult size. ive proved them wrong! i dont see it as a disability because i can do anything someone else can just differently. im 21 now and wanting to know more about my arm and finding that there is plenty more people like me......

Post by sdancan »

I think im leaning towards GOING :) thanks!
sdancan

Post by sdancan »

so i was looking at the Registration Application...first the price says $247 and plus the 40 for the registrtion fee but then i kept reading and it said the second payment is due on November 1st...i havent registered at all because im new to the site and im just hearing about the camp... is it too late to register? can i get a new payment plan? just let me know! :)
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Y'ALL COME TO CAMP!! YOu will have a Life-Changing experience. :mrgreen:
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+ 8-)
marymom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Teen aged home birthed son with OBPI

Post by marymom »

Am really hoping to bring my Max this year, to camp! He has not been around anyone else with erbs since he was around maya when he was a toddler which he has no memory of- last time we went to camp he was a baby!! That was the year UBPN was born I think...anyways- hoping to get there and hoping I will see some familiar faces-