Camp UBPN 2012 Save the Date

Discuss Camp UBPN
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

Re: Camp UBPN 2012 Save the Date

Post by mamaofsix »

Hi Jmar,

To give you an idea, CAMPubpn2010 was free to everyone age 17 and under and it was $119.00 per adult per night. This included the room, food, and all activities. The registration fee was $40.00. So, for a single adult for 3 nights, it would be approximately $397.00- all inclusive.

This is an approximate value and it may be higher or lower when actual registration opens in July, but we are not expecting a significant change.

Hope this helps!

Anise Braggs
CAMPubpn2012 Co-Coordinator
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

thank you.
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

If I read right there is a Lake for swimming or a larger pool ?? :roll: I wonder if there would be any interest in learning to snorkel?? You would need fins mask and snorkel . You would need a buddy who swims and be able to float or have a life vest and swim some? I dont use my arms to snorkel with ERBS I float good :shock: :D You dont need to swim with your arms, Scuba diving :mrgreen: Just a Idea, :idea: Would take alot of planing :shock: :roll:

Padi Master Diver Tom, ERBS birth injury 1950s :shock: :oops:
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

on the registration form, there is a spot for a guest room. is that the hotel room? and also it says it sleeps 5. do people who come as a single have a room alone or do they share the 5 person room? and if so, is the room still the same price for each person?
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.

Post by mamaofsix »

Hi Jmar,

The guest room is the smallest sleeping room at the lodge. It is very similar to a hotel room with two double beds in it. The rooms are not priced per person, so the price for the room remains the same whether there is 1 person or 5 people. You are not assigned a roommate, so if you choose the guest room, you will be the only one in that room, unless you solicit a roommate on the board that may also be traveling alone- then you can split the cost of the guest room. If that is the case, you both will need to notate that on your registration forms.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I look forward to seeing you at camp!

Thanks,
Anise Braggs
anise@ubpn.org
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Jmar,
I sent you an email. :)
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

I wish it were just one week later..... Maia has been in this one orchestra for 5 years and that's the last week of performances and she won't want to miss it.

Any chance to make it an August camp? :cry:
mamaofsix

Post by mamaofsix »

Oh Fran, We are sorry that you and Maia won't be able to make it to the next camp! Unfortunately the dates have already been locked-in through Trout Lodge quite a while ago.

Hopefully we will see you at camp 2014! Best wishes with the orchestra performances, I know she will do great!

Thanks,
Anise Braggs
Hannahsmom

Post by Hannahsmom »

My family and I are planning to attend the UBPN camp for the first time in 2012. Eery year I think about it, but I am sending in my registration soon.
What activites will be available for Hannah's 2 teenage brothers? What is the set up during an average day? Is there some sort of agenda- do the kids with BPI's go one way and the parents do something else?
Any information is helpful.
mamaofsix

Post by mamaofsix »

Hi Hannah's Mom!

The YMCA Trout Lodge has lots of activities available for all ages, including the Zip Lines, Swimming, Horseback riding, geocaching, and so much more! There will be speakers sessions as well as free time for activities. After our registration is closed, you we will mail out a schedule and you will have the opportunity to sign up for activities.

I look forward to speaking with you soon and seeing you at camp!

Thanks,
Anise Braggs