Camp UBPN 2012 Save the Date

Discuss Camp UBPN
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Re: Camp UBPN 2012 Save the Date

Post by bfaithda »

Hey Jmar! It took me from Owensboro about 6 hours to get there! I also stopped alot with a 3 year old! It is about 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive from St. Louis. It was not that bad of a drive at all. I did it by myself with a 3 year old!

Carolyn, I did get a message on here from you, or at least it has not showed up yet! I will keep looking for it!
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

bfaithda, i sent you a private message. hope you got it. let me know what you think
Boomer2009
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son Parker was born at 37 weeks weighing 8lbs 14oz on January 15, 2009. WAY too big for me! Having had a difficult birth resulted in a left arm brachial plexsus injury. Parker has been in therapy since he was a month. has had an MRI and an EMG done. At this point no surigical intervention. Such a strong little guy.

Post by Boomer2009 »

No camp in 2011???
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

they hold it every 2 years so we have time to save up for it :)
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Bridget, I checked my "Sent" Folder in My Message Control Tab and the message to you Never got sent but disappeared into Cyber-space. At this long of a time, I cannot remember what it was about! :cry: :roll: :lol: 8-) ...LOL
((((HUGGZ))))) to you and Brayden.
Gramma Carolyn J
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

hey carolyn, i disagree with your quote about no such thing as a dumb question. yes there is such a thing as a dumb question.....that is one that is NOT ASKED....and NOT ANSWERED
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

GOOD POINT,Jmar...Joyce!!!
I love that! 8-) :) :roll:
((((HUGGZ))))
Carolyn J
LOBPI/72+++
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Post by bfaithda »

That is to funny Carolyn!! That made me check mine to make sure I did do that!! LOL!!!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

I was incredibly dissappointed to miss the last camp and have already requested the time off work for these dates next month. I believe I have been approved for the time off! Hubby and I plan to attend with at least one of our three kiddos but hopefully all three! I am so excited!!!!

Patiently waiting for camp,
Amy 24 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
jmar

Post by jmar »

can anyone answer the question of how much the registration and other fees usually are? i really dont want an exact figure. is the cost $200, $500, $1000? i just want to know how much i need to save up. i plan on driving there so i already know how much i will spend on transportation. just the actual cost of being there. do i need extra money for activities for food? hotel? a lot of us who have never been need to know this kind of stuff ahead of time.