Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog

Discuss Camp UBPN
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Re: Jen's UBPN Camp 2010 Blog

Post by bfaithda »

I can't beleive i missed out on "adult party favors"! Oh well I will havbe to join in next time maybe!
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

hahaha that sounds like fun!! (just hopefully it'll be something i can work out...)
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Biker_Jeff
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Not injured; my wife has an LOBPI.

Post by Biker_Jeff »

karategirl1kyu wrote:yes yes yes!!! the two of you neeeed to get on facebook!!! lol! you guys are awesome!! well everyone was awesome, but it was fun hanging out with you!! :mrgreen:
I laughed so hard that night I think I hurt myself!

So, when are we getting "the usual suspects" back together again? :lol:
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

lol im glad i made you laugh!! and i dont know! lol
~Mel/23/LOBPI