Camp Schedule

Discuss Camp UBPN
LMissana

Camp Schedule

Post by LMissana »

Just wondering when we will be getting a camp schedule? Here we are 2 weeks away and we have no clue what is going on...this will be our first time and I'm a little disappointed. Even a rough idea would be helpful so we can plan when to leave so we don't miss anything.
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: Camp Schedule

Post by marieke »

You should have gotten an email with an update. A letter should be coming this week, I think (I hope). Here is the email I got:

Hi Campers!
The countdown to Camp has begun! In just a few weeks we will all be together enjoying the outdoors, speakers, round table discussions, activities and a campfire.

There are few things about camp I would like you to know:

1. Camp check in starts at 3:30 Friday afternoon. Dinner is at 6pm.
2. We will be at the "Trout Lodge" also known as the "Sunnen Center". There is a circle in front of the building where you can bring you car, use the luggage carts, get your room keys and welcome bag and then go to the parking area. We will be in the main lobby of this building.
3. Our speakers, round tables, evening activities will all be in the Mallard Room, which is located on the second floor of the Sunnen Center.
4. Please be prepared to pay all fees due at the time of check in.
5. We will be doing sign up for the activities on Friday night, before the evening activity. We will start this at 7:30. The activities that are "free" activities (pontoon ride, archery, geocaching) can be canceled by notifying the front desk a day in advance. The "pay-for" activities (batiking, pines peak, summit zip line) can not be canceled once you have signed up for them. The following policy is that of the YMCA Trout Lodge: no charge activities must be cancelled no later than 1 hour prior to activity or $5 fee per person per activity will be applied to room. Paid activities must be cancelled prior to arrival date, if not, group will be charged for activities that have been reserved. Remember, you do not pay for the pay-for activities, ubpn has paid for them for you. Please choose your activities carefully.
6. I have attached a working version of the schedule. Some changes will probably be made, but not major ones. You will also have a schedule in your welcome packet. Please go over it carefully.
7. Activities (speakers, evening activity, etc) that ubpn is sponsoring do not need sign up.

We look forward to seeing all of you at Camp!

If you have any other questions, please contact me or Anise Braggs.

yours,
claudia strobing
camp coordinator
luv2bakeferu@aol.com

anise braggs
camp coordinator
anise0821@sbcglobal.net
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
LMissana

Post by LMissana »

Thanks for the update, I did not get an email??? Maybe you can resend it to LMissana@sbcglobal.net. Anyways I am confused about paid for activities do I need to cancel them before we arrive on Friday? I am unsure what they are? Maybe the attachment that was sent with the email will explain that? This helped though...
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

Post by mamaofsix »

Hello Everyone!

Here is a PDF copy of the camp schedule that was sent to all the campers. The email explains the check-in process and activity info, which was posted by Marieke (thanks!).

Due to our extended registration deadline, there will not be enough time to get any packets out to the campers before camp. All of the information for camp was included in the email Claudia sent with the schedule. There will not be any additional information mailed out, but you will receive a welcome packet at camp when you arrive.

Please let us know if you need any additional information by contacting us at the emails below.

Claudia Strobing- Camp Director/Coordinator - luv2bakeferu@aol.com
Anise Braggs- Camp Coordinator anise0821@sbcglobal.net

Thanks,
Anise Braggs
Camp UBPN 2010 Coordinator
Attachments
camp schedule.doc
(67 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

When it says Injured Only.. is it OBPI or TBPI? Last Camp, we had both.. and the OBPI one had one with Parents present and one without.
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com