Camp 2010 prices and registry

Discuss Camp UBPN
CSMITH

Camp 2010 prices and registry

Post by CSMITH »

Just wondering if anyone knows when or how to register for Camp 2010.Are there any prices yet?I am too excited this time it is REALLY close to me and I finally get come and meet everyone and find out alot of info.By the way I don`t post much but I am ROBPI and will be the "BIG 40" in July.
Thanks everyone
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: Camp 2010 prices and registry

Post by marieke »

As far as I know the info will be in the next issue of Outreach and Online... soon as Camp is in October :)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
claudia

Post by claudia »

We will be posting the registration form and prices within the next week or so. We will have online registration to make things really easy.

Camp is Columbus Day Weekend, 2010.... we are very excited.

claudia strobing
camp director
mom to Michael
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Global Right Obstentric Brachial Plexus Injury
January 20, 2002
Our son Michael was injured during delivery. C5,6,7,8 and T1 were all affected. C5&6 had a nerve graft done twice, but neither did what we had hoped for.
C7&8 were avulsed and T1 was stretched

Post by mom to Michael »

Where will Camp be at this year? We would really like to attend. Michael is 8 and in 2nd grade this would be a first for all of us. It would be good for our 5 yr old Gabriel also to see others like Michael.

Thanks
Teresa Guerra-York
kansas city, mo
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

It will be in Missouri.
http://www.ymcaoftheozarks.org/
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

STILL waiting, Claudia....with bated breath... I am working on not hyperventalating, LOL!!
HUGS,
"UBPN's Gramma Carolyn J" AGE 71 :) :)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
mom to Michael
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Global Right Obstentric Brachial Plexus Injury
January 20, 2002
Our son Michael was injured during delivery. C5,6,7,8 and T1 were all affected. C5&6 had a nerve graft done twice, but neither did what we had hoped for.
C7&8 were avulsed and T1 was stretched

Post by mom to Michael »

marieke wrote:It will be in Missouri.
http://www.ymcaoftheozarks.org/

This is great news! It's almost in our backyard and we love fishing!!
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

I can say children under 12 stay free including meals!

The e-registration is almost ready!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

THANKS for this much news Rich!!

HUGS,
Carolyn J age 71 and like a child...excited beyond reason...LOL 8-) 8-)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI