Tennis Clinic for next UBPN Camp?

Discuss Camp UBPN
admin
Site Admin

Tennis Clinic for next UBPN Camp?

Post by admin »

I was at the 2007 Camp in Washington and had a great time. Regularly i would go to the tennis court and play with my parents. I guess some of the kids saw us playing and they figured if he has a BPI injury and can play tennis maybe i can to. For the rest of the camp my parents and i taught them how to hold the racket and how to play tennis

Just wondering what you guys think
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Tennis Clinic for next UBPN Camp?

Post by richinma2005 »

I think it is a great idea. Thanks for bringing it up. We always try and have a sports section to camp, and that sounds like a great one!

When we determine where camp 2010 is, we will certainly be looking for volunteers to demonstrate for the sports clinic.

rich
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

David
I don't think I could try anymore but I tried for years to play. No one could help me learn to serve. Wish I had camp as a kid and I think it's a great idea.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

i would be glad to demonstrate for the camp, and write to Wilson or Penn to get some tennis equipment for the camp.

David Beirne
veggiebug
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. when I was born.
I was delivered by forceps which resulted in my ROBPI.
I've never had any surgical intervention.

Post by veggiebug »

I think that's great. I played on my high school team and though my serve isn't great it gets the job done, I call it the catapult. I LOVE it it's my favorite sport.

-Traci
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

GREAT to hear from you David! A Tennis Clinic at the next Camp would be fabulous!It's got my vote.

How are you doing David? Hello to your Mom & Dad too.

HUGS,
Carolyn J
LOBPI ( that Oldest 1 with injury at Camp 2007) :)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

HI David,

Love this idea. What a great clinic this would make.

Thanks for asking.

Hugs, Karen
sydsmom

Post by sydsmom »

I think that's a great idea!! My daughter has always wanted to play volleyball, but never thought she could. However; when we were at camp in Washington we saw other kids playing and that made her decide that she wanted to try it. She's now in her 2nd season of volleyball and she's actually pretty good. She can only serve under hand for now, but we'll see what happens later.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Can we go bowling too?
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI