Camp Info

Discuss Camp UBPN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Camp Info

Post by Carolyn J »

Dear Lizzy and Kath,
Your long trips willbe worth it, believe me, this country seting is gorgeous with "My Mountain" looming above us!

Can't wait!!
HUGS,
Carolyn J :^)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Yep...thats one thing I'm really looking forward to, seeing mountains again! It's something we don't really have in England, (Scotland has more than a few and we will go up there one day and take a look) but the ones in NZ are pretty spectacular.

Me and Neil are going to try and combine the camp with an extended trip in the mountains...any suggestions from the locals there for 'must see' places? or places to stay? All suggestions will be gratefully receieved. Please feel free to email me BlcE@aol.com

Cheers!

I feel a Bob Ross moment coming on!!

Lizzy F
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

HI Liz,

Here is a website for Mt Rainier. It is beautiful up there, Nancy and I have gone up for the day and went hiking.

www.mount.rainier.nationalpark.com

You can use goodsearch and put in Mt Rainer and see whatelse comes up.

Can't wait to see you both again this year.

If there is anything else let me know.

Hugs,

Karen
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Dear LizyB

Also, Mt St. Helen's is great to see the post volcano growth & wildlife re-turns. Mt. St H's is just 1 & 1/2 hr. drive "down the road" from Camp 2007 area. Just "goggle" Mt St. Helen's--there is a 'State of the Arts' Johnson Observation Center nearest to there that is F-a-bulous!!

HUGS,
Carolyn J

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Lizzy

I still did not get my Outreach here in NY...hmmmm

I assume you mean Bob Ross the painter...
Watch out he may put you to sleep...LOL.
My son said they put him in on the Fraternity house to sleep.... LOL.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi