Camp Info

Discuss Camp UBPN
Kimberly

Camp Info

Post by Kimberly »

OK Nancy. People have their Outreach copies. Please put the camp info up!!!!!

Kimberly
Lindabelle2

Re: Camp Info

Post by Lindabelle2 »

Hey Kimberly it's Linda Swetof. We won't be able to make it to camp this year. First the info came out to late about pricing. I still have not received my Outreach magazine. Second we just bought a new house and will be moving in July and third I just started a new job. I will miss everyone. I hope you all have fun. Take Care
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

Oh Linda!! This was terrible news for me to have to tell Brittany! She is devastated!! "I have been waiting for two years to see Connor! Now it is going to be four years before I see him." So, we are going to have to plan a trip somewhere half way or so, or bring Connor to San Antonio to see the Alamo. Or just let the kids fly down for a few days maybe in August for a little trip before school starts if airfare is cheap enough!! Then we should plan a "Ladies Trip" sometime in the beginning of next year and go somewhere for a few days. We have to figure out something!!! Camp will not be the same without you and Dave and Cierra! We will miss you!!!
Lindabelle2

Post by Lindabelle2 »

I know the kids are not happy about it either. I so look forward to seeing you guys. You are a part of our family. We will have to definitely plan to get together somehow. It will be very weird not being at camp this year, but money is a little tight. Connor is so comfortable at camp and it's really the only time he can just be himself and not worry about people looking at him funny or asking question about his arm. He is still having problems with his RSD. I MISS YOU GUYS SOOOO MUCH!!!
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Camp info is up.
You can go directly to:
http://ubpn.org/ubpnweb.nsf/web/campinfo.pdf

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Um.. where do we send the forms to? Address?
marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Linda

I will miss seeing how much Connor has grown up...
So sorry you all won't be there...

I know how important it is to be with other like me even as an adult ...
It's so comfortable to be in a crowd that understands and also with others who share my injury.

We will miss Connor and your family.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
liveandlove74

Post by liveandlove74 »

That is going to be a bummer for Tarakyn too...Her and Brit are so cute hanging out with Conner..he is quite the ladies man..lol!
Please let Conner know that he will be missed! We need to get the kids in touch...Tarakyn would absolutely love that! Good luck on the new house and job!
Sheila & Tarakyn
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Linda,

I am bummed that you all won't be at camp this year.

I know how much Conner loves being at camp. We will miss you all.

Best of luck on the new house. It is always fun to moved into a new place, but lots of work unpacking etc.

Hope to see you in 09.

Hugs, Karen
alaskanmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Mom of daughter with complete right brachial plexus avulsion from a sledding accident

Post by alaskanmom »

how much longer before outreach reaches us? We have not receive it yet. Would love to get info before to much longe. We are still not sure if this is gonna be a possibily but we are hoping
Rene