Camp UBPN 2007

Discuss Camp UBPN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Camp UBPN 2007

Post by Carolyn J »

...Yea, please check out Traci's above idea,Karen/Nancy.

If not, POO!! and BOO HOO!! =) too...
HUGS all around,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Hi Gals,

I will look into it. I can't make any promises

Have a great day all,

Hugs, Karen
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Well, we can still bring snacks.. try to find a special cookie or something we can all taste, that'd be ok right?
Marieke... hungry all of a sudden!
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Yes you can bring all the snacks you want.

Hugs, Karen
L Stewart

Post by L Stewart »

How soon should we expect outreach to register for camp?
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Outreach will be sent out in May. At the same time as we send out Outreach we will put up info about camp registration on the website as we have done in the past.

I am working on the final text (and still awaiting some promised articles) for this issue now, then it will go to Kim West for layout, then the Board of Directors will proof it and then it will go to the printers and after that the mailing house. I know you all are anxious, but each of these steps take time. Outreach is the voice of our organization and we spend a lot of time to make sure everything is right and looks good.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

If you are planning on flying in, what airport would you fly into?

How would you plan on getting to the campsite? Would it be best to just take a taxi and then call a taxi to get back to the airport, or is it close enough for one of those shuttle vans? Renting a vehicle?

Any suggestions for those way out of town people who are planning on travelling with 2 kids? Help!

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 4 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

HI Tanya and all,

The airport you will fly into is Sea-Tac International It is the only airport Seattle has.

Right now we are working out details about getting buses to pick up campers at the airport. As soon as we work out the details we will let you know. The information will come out in the mailing that goes out to those that register for camp.

Can't wait to meet you and your family at camp. If you have any more questions please ask.

Hugs, Karen
2007 camp coordinator
karen@ubpn.org
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Can't wait to meet you and your family too,Tanya!

I've got a reeeeealy big H-U-G waitin' for Ya. :)

Carolyn J
ps...the time will go slow now for me, 'cause I can't wait for CAMP!! ;)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
khacker

Post by khacker »

When will you have the cost for the trip this year? My family would like to go but need to know the cost and the date soon to get the time off from work. Thank you!!