CAMP

Discuss Camp UBPN
admin
Site Admin

Re: CAMP

Post by admin »

West coast sounds great!!!! there are many good ones out here Collins Lake, Lake McClure, Lake Don Pedro anyhow we would love to GO! we like camping have 3 girls and the support of other parents in the same situation is ideal!
kenya1

Post by kenya1 »

Thank you very much for the information. I think it will help my son to see children with an injury similiar to his. Looking forward to seeing everyone in two thousand seven
kenya
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Kanya,
how old is your son? I am just curious. I know the younger ones had a great time, but for me it was the most amazing thing to meet others, you are very right, it truly does help to meet others!
Amy 18 ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is there any updates yet to tell on Camp UBPN 2007 in the State of WA? Please advise! Anxious to hear back! Haven't missed a camp yet! Elise, Jeanne, Alec Bruski
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

HI Jeanne,

It is so good to hear from you.

Camp in 2007 will go back to Labor Day week-end Fri Aug 30 - Mon Sept 3rd. A year from now,

I am hoping to be able to announce the camp site by the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. if not earlier.

Can't wait to see you all next year.

Hugs,

Karen
UBPN Camp Co-ordinator
karen@ubpn.org
hellokansas

Post by hellokansas »

I would also like to vote on the camp--there IS a Disneyland in California! But Seattle area would be great or Portland Oregon too--there is a Camp Collins outside Portland--and the end of August is almost always dry in the NW--(as an ex-NW-er.)
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

HI all,

Thanks for the site in Ore., sorry I left out that camp will be in the State of Wash next year. Somewhere south of Seattle.

Hope this helps and as soon as I can I will let you know where.

Hope to see you then.

Hugs,

Karen
UBPN Camp Coodinator
karen@ubpn.org
ZaidraZavian

Post by ZaidraZavian »

Kenya,
I am sure your son would benefit from camp. My daughter, Zavian (lobpi) did!!! Last year was the first time we went to camp and our first time being up north...we live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The scenery was absolutely amazing on the way to/from camp. While at camp, we had a chance to met soooooo many wonderful people. Zavian actually got to see and meet people that actually look like her, no matter what color. She bonded really well with the other kids...especially the boys!!!!!! Camp gave Zavian, Paul(daddy) and I the chance to mix and mingle with others, talk about what have experienced as both parents and the injured. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!! And the best thing about it was it was wonderful to have so many people from different ethnic groups come together for one cause. I loved it!!!! I know this is long but I had to let you know how much we have benefited from going to camp.

See you in '07!!!!

Zaidra, Zavian's mom